You stay seated causing the boy to peek up from behind his brunette locks and glance at you. 

He clears his throat before sitting up right and holding out his hand for you to shake.

"Thank you for your time," he says, awaiting for your hand to join his in a pathetic action of departure. 

Speechless, you raise your hand up to him. He reaches forward to shake it but you shake your head and push his hand down. 

"Mr Jeon," you start. 

The male looks at you confusedly. 

"Have you ever heard of the saying, believe in the unbelievable?" 

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows, "Yes, I have."

You smile gently. "If you really didn't kill your parents, then, tell me your truth," 

Jungkook's eyes widen at the slightest at your words.

"If you truely are innocent, then I'm willing to believe in the unbelievable." 

Jungkook seems shocked. "Y-you believe me?" 

You laugh, "absolutely not." 

Jungkook's face falls. 

"How can I believe you without even hearing your story?" You ask almost smugly. "So go ahead, Jeon, tell me what really happened that day." 

 Jungkook exhales, heart starting to pound faster, "W-well, It happened when my parents and I went on holiday to Jeju island..."

September 11, 2018 

<<<<<<

Jungkook trudged behind his parents while he heaved the heavy luggage with him.

"Hurry up," His mum ordered as she walked towards the receptionist, her black stilettos slapping harshly against the polish marble floor of the hotel. 

Jungkook's dad turned back to look at him and then rolled his eyes. "What are you, a girl? Can't even carry a few bags."

Jungkook dropped his head, "sorry, father." 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!" Jungkook's mother suddenly let out an ear-piercing scream as she talked to the receptionist. "I MUST HAVE THE BEST ROOM AND NOTHING ELSE."

The poor receptionist looked frazzled. He looked very young and was probably new to the job. Jungkook felt sorry for him, seeing as his parents were about to give him a hard time.

"If I don't get the best room in this hotel in a matter of minutes, I will call the manager and tell him that you were trying to get us to leave," Jungkook's mother glared at the male.

The boy paled and he closed his eyes, "M-mam I-I'm afraid that the lux room is already taken-"

"May I please speak to your manager?" Jungkook's mother asked in a sickly sweet voice.

~

After an hour of trying to get the room, Jungkook's parents finally received it. They happily made their way upstairs, Jungkook hesitantly following behind.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered to the receptionist boy who had tears streaming down his face. "You didn't deserve to be fired."

The boy looked up and stared at Jungkook lifelessly, not saying a word.

>>>>>>

"Wait, do you recall a name of this receptionist boy?" You ask.

Jungkook leans back in his chair and closes his eyes, "Umm, I can't..." He pauses, "Uhh, Jung... Jung Hoseok!"