Chapter 7: Departure

The guy, Chen, grinned at her and finally came in the restaurant, "I thought it'd take you long to notice me with all this fun and excitement going on."

"You're kidding, right? You're the only other monkey I see that wears this kind of outfit."

"But you like me better when I wear it, don't you?" he grins and winked, like an obvious playboy he is.

"I like the clothes, not the one who wears them," Kira rolls her eyes and goes back inside the kitchen.

Mantis sees the two interact and pokes Monkey's forearm, "Look at that guy, he cleans up nicer than you are."

He gulps the noodle down his throat and stares at the other male monkey in the room. In a guy's perspective, it is obvious that he's here to hit on someone, and to where his eyes are directed right now, Monkey could already tell that he and Po's sister are acquainted. "So? He's a pretty boy. My grandmother would mistaken me for her lover if I dress up like that." Crane and viper snort with amused looks.

"Monkey, lower your voice," says Tigress.

It's as if her comment reached his ears, the male monkey that Monkey joked about glanced their way. His eyes widens and a huge grin appears on his face. He comes over to them and bowed, "Furious Five! It's a pleasure to see you all in person. My name is Chen. I've been a huge fan of all your accomplishments ever since your group was created..... Especially you, Master Tigress."

She blinked in surprise, letting the noodle slip back inside the bowl.

"Wow, a foreign fan. We rarely get those in a while," said Mantis.

"So, what brings you to the village?" asks Viper.

Chen rubs the back of his head and glances to the kitchen where Kira is working in, "I'm here to escort a colleague back to our academy. There are lots of bandits lurking near the village, so our grandmaster sent me to make sure she comes back safe."

After finishing his noodles, Monkey butts into the conversation, "Where is this village you talk about?"

"Zhu Village, it's a three day trip if we go by foot."

Po walks in the restaurant with a limping Shifu beside him, "One table for the Master Shifu!" he shouts. Everyone instantly bowed to them as the two make way. Of course, Mr. Ping was quick to serve the VIP and so does Kira. She immediately finishes one bowl of noodles and personally serves it to him.

Shifu looks at her, then to the food, "Last time I've eaten such dish from outside the palace, I thought I was going to die ahead Master Oogway."

The female laughs and glances at her brother who tiptoed away from them. "Do you want me to take a taste test for you first?"

"There's no need. I trust my instincts which.... surprisingly trusts you even when I've first seen you at the Jade Palace. Zhoujing Academy teaches great and honorable students, and for you to be accepted in such place just means that you can be far more than just a trustworthy chef," Shifu finishes his sentence and takes a spoonful of the soup, making a satisfied expression, "As expected of you, Miss Ping, this noodles are exemplary."

A large smile forms on her face and she bows down to him, almost kneeling on the ground, "It is a great honor to hear that from you, Master Shifu."

"And it would be great honor to me if you decide to switch ideals and train at the Jade Palace alongside the Five and your brother."

Po eavesdropped on their whole conversation, then almost trips on his toes when his master offers the position. Shifu wasn't the type to be fond of other people, especially him. He doesn't understand why Kira would be immediately listed on his good side, but perhaps it'd be cooler if she get to train to be a chef in the Jade Palace. All the dishes she had learned would surely be more appetizing.

"It's a great offer! Truly... But I think I'd want to finish mastering my skills at the academy instead," she smiles.

The old master sighed through his nose, but he had already expected that answer, "Very well, then. The offer still stands if ever you've come to have a change of mind."

"Thank you, Master Shifu," Kira bows and returns to the kitchen.

"You're really going to go? It's too soon," her dad was trying so hard not to express his sadness over the short course of time they had been together, but he guessed it couldn't be helped. After all, his daughter aims to surpass him and his restaurant, she'd be willing to work hard to make him proud, which Ping already is.

"Sorry, Dad... I'll try to extend my visit next time."

"Oh don't worry. You go on and aim high, higher than anyone ever reached! And no doubt, you'll be one of the top chefs when you come back."

Kira smiles, hugging him for one last time, "I'll be sure to bring you honor, just as Po did."

Mr. Ping frowns a little, "You're already enough. Without the wounds and bandages!" he lightly pushes her away, making the girl giggle, "Hurry up. Your journey will take three days to get there. Oh, and here. Bring these with you." He must've stacked at least 14 ration of food, which he hands over to her in difficulty.

"Dad, you didn't have to. I've already prepared enough..."

"Really? I don't see any big bags around here. I wouldn't want to see my daughter all skinny by the time you got there. Hey, you. Cheng."

"It's Chen, Mr. Ping," the boy bows.

"You also take these. And make sure you not overcook them over the campfire. They burn rather quickly," Chen was given 2x her own, making him tumble slightly in surprise, "And give me a favor, spread the word about my shop. The other half will be for taste test, alright?"

"Yes... sir," he finishes as he places all of it on the table nearest to him.

"Goodluck on your way to Zhu Village, Kira."

"Stay safe here, Dad," she waves goodbye. The monkey readied himself before lifting up the packages again, following after her out of the shop.

"You too..." Ping mutters to himself, feeling emptiness around him again. With a small sigh, the goose finishes up cleaning the last bench and closes for the night.

"Kira?!"

He turns again, surprised to see Master Monkey standing outside of his shop, looking like he's ran a marathon, "Master Monkey? My restaurant's already closed. You may come order in the morning."

Realizing that it was Mr. Ping whose there at the corner table, Monkey bows in respect, "Good evening, Mr. Ping. I heard from Po that Kira is already leaving, I just came to say goodbye."

"Oh, sorry. You're a bit late, Kira has just left. Although it wasn't that long yet, you may still be able to see them walk out the village."

Monkey dashes off to the end of Valley of Peace in speed. Surely they still haven't gone that far. Po returned with them to the Jade Palace, and that's when he was told that his sister would leave with this Chen guy back to Zhu Village tonight. Considering what she could apparently do, they might already be far away from here. That is.... if that monkey can also do stunts like running that fast as Kira.

He was right not to keep his expectations high, seeing that there is no sign of them even as he reached the end. Monkey clutches the letter in his hand, disappointed that he hadn't caught up to her to speak with the matter when he had the chance. She must be the only person who can--or who will--send these to him. All he ever wanted to say was..

"Thank you, Kira. For cheering me on and on again..."

He hopes that one day, he could say that to her personally, when time makes them meet again.

Okay DON'T get your hopes up with this book😅 I've seen my last update was like last year in 2020, so it makes it 1 and a half year. After having a little thought, and seeing how little time and little imagination I have left, I won't be mixing this with the TV series 'cause my brain can't take it anymore and it wants to die. So yeah. I'd hope to make more chapters in the future.