Chapter 6: Victory

'The Dragon Scroll...' Kira stared at the jade cylindrical container that Po has in his hands as they all went down the stairs, with Monkey still assisting her on her steps.

He actually didn't need to, Po would've done it, but the warrior insisted, wanting to help her somehow. The Five had thanked her for doing so and chatted for a few until they reach the gates of the courtyard, asking about her wounds and how she was there that time.

Monkey just watched as she answered their questions, feeling curious towards her. She's brave enough to have been through all of these, yet there's something mysterious about her that he wants to dig in from her, personally. After all, they were quite the strangers back then, not being much direct towards each other, but it's his fault for not speaking up for the shy girl.

The sky had begun to darken and the others have already ran down to gather out the villagers, with an exception for Monkey, Po, and Kira. The panda glumly walks way behind them while the girl looks up to the sky in worry over what may happen to the kung fu master they've left behind, and to the valley of peace. The snow leopard has obviously a heavy grudge against someone, it's what his aura is screaming all over.

"Some day, huh?" The male pushes down his own nervousness to strike a conversation. With all that might happen, none of them can bear to think of the outcome.

"Yeah. A storm is coming. Along with a threat that can wipe out the entire valley...."

"Hey, at least we're alive, right?" it probably wasn't a good thing to say, knowing that his master insisted to face his own grave to defeat the enemy.

Kira didn't say a word, trying to muster a little smile. She's worried. She's so worried that it's making her lungs have a hard time to breathe. Tai Lung was the first real opponent that she had to face, and it terrified her to the core on the way that he looked at her with an intent to kill. She could've died back there, but he refrained himself from doing so. Why is that? Was it because he thought of her as merely a weakling trying to be a hero? That she is a trash not worth finishing?

"Would you wanna know a secret?"

Kira looks at Monkey and he just gave her a smile of his own, "What is it?"

"I can't tell you. It then won't be a secret anymore."

She snorted her smile grew a bit wider, "Was that supposed to be a joke?"

"Well at least, it made you smile?"

'You haven't changed at all' the girl smiled genuinely in return feeling comfortable talking to him personally. This is much more different than writing him letters. "You're cool, you know?"

"What? No I'm not. I'm kind of ugly."

"Huh? How can you say so?" the guy is not that unsightly to her. He looks kind of gorgeous in her opinion. Well.... decent, perhaps?

"Most girls call me ugly. And when they found out how much money I make from this good looks of mine.... do you know what they call me now?" he left a suspense pause, showing a proud smirk.

"What?"

"They call me ugly and poor."

This sent her in fits of giggles, 'unbelievable'.

Monkey was surprised that she laughed at that joke, but then again, she was the only girl in this village who was kind enough to not let him down. But was that joke really funny?

"Where'd you get that new found hilarity?" she asked, wheezing from pain and laughter.

"I don't know... Your brother seemed to have influenced me a bit from his jokes that one night when you left the Jade Palace."