Chapter 1: The Boar

Chapter 1

The Boar

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Catch me if you can, blubby!"

There are time that aren't as peaceful with these two around. Po and Kira, two unusual siblings with an unusual family. They're neighbors we're used to it and doesn't allege due to their father, Mr. Ping being the famous local chef owning the noodle shop. He creates the most amazing noodles in the area, and no one dares to quarrel with them or it'd be bad noodles for you if you'd dare to order one from the shop.

Po, the panda child, is timid in a way that you'd see him being ordered clumsily around everyday, while Kira, a monkey girl, will mostly be seen helping though not ask which their goose father is mostly not aware of.

"No fair! You're in more better shape than I am!" he panted, pausing in the middle of the road to rest for a bit.

Kira stopped and skipped back towards him, "Po, if you haven't eaten all the dumplings then you wouldn't be in that situation." Her figure bent down to the panda's head level, looking at him with an innocent smile.

"But they're delicious!" A pout is now visible to his chubby little cheeks.

She held the ball by her tail to grab his face, "But dad isn't home to make more and we both know you can't cook."

"But you didn't eat your plate of dumplings. It would've been a waste if it's thrown away."

"I only said that I'll go to the hill to pick more seasonings for dad's noodles. Afterall," she tossed the ball in the air, "I'm more independent than you."

"Just give me back my ball," Po looked at her, pleadingly.

"Not until you promise to share all dumplings to me later."

"Alright, alright!"

Kira tossed the balancing ball towards him and he caught it with care. She places and arm around him happily, "let's go home, little brother."

"We're practically the same age," his eyes deadpanned, hearing those words.

"My birthday comes first than yours," the girl smiled triumphantly. She wasnt even aware of why he'd come all the way to meet her on the road just to inform her that he'd eaten all the dumplings left for her.

Po fidgeted his fingers, and nervously spoke in a hushed tone, "Kira....there's something you---" shadows zoomed past them, catching their full attention.

"It's tigress.." Someone said outloud. Their eyes followed the kung fu student among three others who seems to glide up towards the stairs leading to the mountain. Seems that something urgent came up.

Kira sighed and led Po back to their noodle shop, which is also where they live. Just from standing on the entrance, she saw how much of a mess her brother had made in only a few hours.

The panda immediately went up to his room while she managed to make her way to the supplies and went back to restocking the freshly picked herbs, "Po, Kira!" Their dad just came back, carrying a wooden box full of carrots and went through the front door, "Did you hear? Some idiot cook poisoned Shifu!"

Kira's eyes went wide and a loud yelp came from upstairs as Po tumbled down the stairs in panic, "what? Is he dead?"

"Not yet. But he will be when they catch him," the goose answered Po's question, seeing no importance to it.