"We've been at this for days," Alaric reminded him, "Answer my questions, or Ophelia's going to peel your skin off like a grape and shower you with battery acid."

"I wouldn't go that far--" Ophelia began to say, but was cut off by the Necromancer's groan.

"A rather grotesque effort," He told them as he ripped the cleaver out of the top of his head, "Considering it will feel like the delicate tickle of a feather."

He smiled slightly, holding out the cleaver for Ophelia to take. Ophelia lowly growled, snatching it from his hands before walking over to the table in the cell where she held the rest of the objects she was using to torture the Necromancer.

Ophelia sighed out, picking up a blow torch, "All right," She spoke up, turning to face him as she held the object out, "Let's see how you react to fire." She smirked slightly, igniting the fire on the blow torch.

Before she could start torturing him, Valerie and Hope suddenly entered, "Dr. Saltzman. Mom," Valerie called out, causing Ophelia to sigh in defeat before she and Alaric turned to face the two girls.

"Oh, there you are, lovely girls," The Necromancer spoke up, "I was wondering if the two of you would come visit me again. How's your friend? The one I saw you with earlier, trying to steal an illicit peek at me?"

"As we speak, he's having an emotional reunion with his dead girlfriend," Hope replied before Valerie continued on for her.

"I assume that was your doing?" She questioned him curiously.

"Poor dear," The Necromancer began to tell them, referring to Cassie, "Her spirit was clinging to him like a vine in winter. It took barely any effort. Just a little winkle of the nose, and poof. Young love reborn."

Ophelia sighed out in frustration, beginning to pack up her torture object, "Your ramblings of a mad man are worse than Klaus'," She muttered to herself, referring to the Necromancer.

"You're lucky that's all I did," He continued on and Ophelia rolled her eyes, walking out of the cell alongside Alaric, "The way you've treated a man of my stature, you should be ashamed."

"Literally nobody knows who the hell you are!" Ophelia complained, growing beyond irritated with the man before she and Alaric began to leave.

The necromancer scoffed at what Ophelia had said about him, "That's impossible."

Ophelia and Alaric turned to the two girls, "We'll check on Raf," Alaric told them and then left.

Before leaving, Ophelia turned to Hope and Valerie, pointing a finger at them, "Don't do anything stupid," She warned Hope and Valerie before finally leaving.

"I-If you want an end to this misery, simply bring me the knife and I'll be on my way..." The necromancer tried to reason with them.

"Val! Hope!" Alaric called out, telling them to come with him.

Hope kept her eyes fixed on the Necromancer, causing Valerie to give her a concerned look, "Let's go, Hope," She whispered to her, grabbing Hope by the arm before bringing with her out of the room.

Alaric, Ophelia, Hope, and Valerie walked down the hallway on the first floor together after leaving the basement, "I take it things aren't going well?" Hope questioned Alaric and Ophelia.

"He's a diva," Alaric complained to her.

"So what's the plan?" Valerie asked the two adults curiously, "We know you don't want to give over the knife, but we can't really have home going around, raising the lost loved ones of everyone in this school. Everyone has a long list of them, which makes matters even worse."

"Alaric and I will handle it," Ophelia told the two girls, "We have questions that need answers."

"Okay, well, we're not sure your methods are the most effective," Hope commented, both her and Valerie trying their hardest to keep up with Ophelia and Alaric's fast paced walking.

Ophelia sighed as she stopped walking, turning to face both girls, "Hope," She warned in a stern tone, "We said we will handle it. Stay out of it, okay? Stay away from him."

The group of four remained silent as they turned to Rafael sitting with Cassie on the couch. Hope and Valerie remained standing there while Alaric and Ophelia walked over to Rafael and his girlfriend.

"Cassie, is it?" Ophelia asked as she and Alaric took a beside each other in front of the two teenagers while Hope and Valerie walked off.

Cassie turned to glance at Rafael, clearly confused. Alaric and Ophelia shared a glance with each other before Alaric spoke up, "Cassie, I'm Dr. Saltzman," He introduced himself before gesturing his hand toward Ophelia, "And this is Ophelia."

"We're here to help you," Ophelia informed the girl, a small smile on her face.

Cassie turned to glance at Rafael before looking back at Alaric and Ophelia, "I...I don't understand what's happening," She told them, clearly confused out of her mind, "Why am I here?"

Ophelia turned her head to look at Rafael, giving him a questioning look. Rafael stared at her with wide eyes, "I didn't know what to tell her," He whispered to her, worry in his eyes.

"Uh, well, Cassie, do you, uh, mind telling us the last few things you remember?" Ophelia asked Cassie curiously, all eyes on Cassie after hearing the question.

"Um..." Cassie trailed off, "Raf and I were driving home from a track meet. The roads were bad, it was wet, and then dark, and I heard this voice telling me to open up my eyes, and then I was here."

"Okay. Well, listen, this is going to be really hard for you to understand, but..." Alaric trailed off, letting out a sigh, "Those memories you have, those were from two months ago. You were in a car accident. You didn't survive. And tonight, you were resurrected from the dead." He informed her, causing Cassie to quietly gasp as she turned to Rafael.

AN: For the episode I am writing currently, I will be adding more Ophelia scenes than usual since I haven't been adding her as much lately and she's a big part of this book.