Chapter 1

Edit: I can't remember if it's Shiro's left or right arm that gets replaced so I'm just making it his left arm.
     Shiro woke up in the Garrison hospital wing. He lurched forward, immediately clutching his head in pain from the headache the action brought him.
     "Shiro! You're alright!" The familiar voice of Matt said excitedly.
     "Damn right he is. I always told you he'd get better," Katie said.
     Matt gasped. "Language!"
     Katie ignored him. "How're yah feeling?" She asks, leaning up in his face. Shiro muttered something about personal space and she stepped back apologetically.
     "I feel... um. Okay? I guess? Also-what happened?" Shiro said, rubbing his head.
     Matt and Katie exchanged looks. "You don't remember?" Matt said slowly.  Shiro nodded no.
     "The Kerberos mission. It-it failed." Matt said, giving Shiro a concerned look. "We crashed back down to earth not long after reaching space. I'm not sure how much time we spent up there-or what caused us to crash back down-and neither does the Garrison."
     "Or so they say."
     "Oh hush Pidge. We don't want to hear your conspiracy theories," Matt groaned, and Katie glared at him at the use of the hated nickname. "And no more interrupting. Anyway, I can't remember anything after we started loosing altitude. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I just got released two days ago. Our dad-Sam-he's in a coma. And of course, there's your arm..." Matt nodded to Shiro's left arm. Or, where his left arm used to be, he realized with a jolt. He made a sound that sounded like an "ah" as he stared down at the empty space.
     "They had to amputate it, your arm got skewered by a-"
"Katie, he doesn't need to know the details."
"Sorry," Katie muttered.
"Oh-hey, where's Keith?" Shiro said, trying to distract himself from the thought of only having one arm.
Matt and Katie exchanges another glance. They really needed to stop doing that.
"Keith-He uh. Punched Iverson? And then got expelled. No one's seen him since."
Shiro, who was taking a sip of water-spat it out. "He did what?"
Matt and Katie ducked to avoid the spray of water.
"Ew," Katie muttered. Shiro set his glass down sheepishly.
"Now tell me what I missed. And why the heck Keith punches Iverson."

Hello! This was meant to just be a fun fanfic for myself-but I decided to publish it. I don't really have a proper storyline yet but hopefully things will work themselves out. Sorry for my bad writing skills also ;')
-Luna