- Never Forget (Maxx's Ending) -

Maxx Danziger

Tyler and I raced down the steps, excited for the others to return. I couldn't wait to see those three idiots again. And Tatiana. Can't forget about her, can we? She's helped us so much.

Once we arrived by the elevator, we waited inpatiently.

"So," Tyler began speaking. I looked at her. "Is this it?" She asked looking at me. "Is this the part where we're all happy and go back home? To celebrate?" I stayed silent. "I'm not sure." I admitted. I winced a bit, holding the side of my stomach. Tyler looked at me worriedly.

"I'm fine Ty, we've been through this." I smiled softly up at her. I tried too at least. "What about the others? We have to take care of it, Maxx.. Either that or you'll--" I cut her off with a glare. "I'm fine, Tyler." I growled. She walked up to me, pressing the back of her hand against my forehead. "You're burning up! Do you feel--" The elevator doors opened, revealing them.

I pushed her away and threw myself on Zach, hugging him. "You're alive! Don't you fucking scare me like that again!" I yelled. I also hugged Dan, shaking my head. Pulling away, I realized something.

Cody and Tatiana were gone.

"Dan..." I looked over the group. "Where's Cody and Tatiana?" I asked. He looked down. "They... Didn't make it." I froze. "Hey, it's okay Maxx. We'll get through this together." Justin reassured me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Whoa, you alright Maxx? You're turning pale."

Everything began spinning. I couldn't tell if this was me freaking out or the sickness. Everyone's voice drowned out, all I could hear was my own heartbeat.

I'm hungry,

I suddenly thought. I fell to the ground, my legs giving out. I blacked out for a moment, hearing muffled yelling.

When I could see I was being carried out of the hospital and into the truck. I blacked out again, fully passing out.

What have I gotten myself into...

~~

I was awaken by someone shaking me. Opening my eyes slowly, I hissed at the light. "It's okay, shh. You're safe. You're in your room." I looked up to see Lisa smiling. There was a bruise visible on her cheek, making me concerned. "Your cheek." A raspy voice said.

Lisa sighed. "That's not important. We need to get you checked. Tyler told me you were wounded. Can I see where?" My eyes widened. I began panicking.

I tried moving away, but I realized I was stuck. My arms and legs were strapped to the bed. "What the fuck is this!?" The raspy voice yelled again. Lisa frowned. "I'm not stupid, Maxx. I know you were infected. Where is the scratch?" She said sternly. I tried freeing myself from the straps, thrashing myself around.

"Dan!? Zach!? TYLER!?" I tried screaming. It was then that I had realized that raspy and sick voice belonged to me. I felt weaker and weaker as seconds passed, the hunger growing Un-human.

"They're not here, Maxx." Lisa said. She looked down and threw the covers off of me. She saw the blood stains from the scratch. Lifting up my shirt, she gasped.

I couldn't see it, but I knew it was bad. She had fear in her eyes.

She stood up and rushed out.

I layed there, panting from the struggle. My breathing were just weezing, my vision would constantly darken, and my hunger was just painful.

You're hungry, Maxx.

A voice told me.

"I'm fine."