- Trust -

Cody Carson

"We're running low on ammo guys." I sighed throwing my gun to the side. "We've raided most of the gun shops here, Cody. I don't think there are anymore left..." Dan informed me looking at the map for a moment. He was right. We had raided most of the gun shops except one. We usually leave one unraided for any other survivors who happen to come across it. "We can always go to that one we DIDN'T raid, y'know." Zach suggested from the backseat. "But what if-" "Cody, we've been through this. We might be the last ones. Let's just go check at least. If it's empty we know someone is here and we can go find them." Dan looked over to me, stopping the car. I sat up straight with silence.

"... Alright, fine. Let's go." Dan smiled with a nod before starting to drive again.

In just about five minutes we arrived at the gun shop. I felt uncomfortable and sick for a moment. When Maxx woke up from a small nap he must've noticed me going pale. "Hey - Uh, you alright Cody?" I nodded getting out of the car. I felt like throwing up now. Something didn't seem right. "Stay alert of your surroundings guys. Something isn't right." They all nodded before we rushed inside the shop quietly.

"Holy shit." Zach muttered as we entered. The whole place was empty! Not fully empty, but this wasn't how we left it. "Someone's here!" I smiled. "We have to find them! We have to let them know we're -" A gunshot rang through the air. Looking over the group in shock and fear, we all ran out only to see a young woman jumping out of a window. Below her was a German Shepherd standing next to a tree barking. She landed on the ground with a hard thud. Stalkers noticed and slowly came out of hiding, crawling and walking over to her quickly. The dog fought some of them off, but one came up from behind him. Next thing I know Zach is there, slamming himself into the Stalker. He helps the barking dog who thinks Zach is going to hurt him or his owner.

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Help her!" I shouted taking out my knife. Maxx took out his Axe from it's holder from his back, rushing over to the Stalkers and stabbing and slashing as them. Dan took out his AK-47 shooting Stalkers down. I ran over to the young woman around 24. Picking her up, we ran for it. Her dog had seemed to calm down since it began following us, Zach no longer having to keep it calm.

We all stormed into the van, me sitting in the back with the dog and the woman. Maxx sat in the passenger side in the front while Dan was driver again. Zach sat in the middle seats with window rolled down so he could shoot the damn creatures. "Shit! Shit shit shit shit!!" Dan yelled. He struggled to start the van up, worrying me. I looked over to the German Shepherd who whimpered. I noticed a collar around his neck, so I looked at it closely. "Loki..." I smiled softly at his name. It brought back memories of my family and even friends watching Marvel movies from time to time. Of course, I wouldn't be able to ever see those movies again.

The van began rocking back and forth as Stalkers began pounding their fists on it, desperately trying to get us. Zach tried rolled up his window, but it was jammed. A stalker crawled through the window, snapping it's jaw up and down. I was about to stab the bitch when Zach was pushed back. The Stalkers head blew off of it's neck, the body falling limp. "Finally!!" Dan cheered. The van started up smoothly at last. He took it out of park and began running over anything in front of him. I turned over to see that the woman we had now saved had shot the Stalker. Loki had also jumped in front of Zach to push him down and away from the bullet, or even getting bit or scratched.

"Thanks." Zach gasped sitting up. "She's up guys!" I shouted over to Dan and Maxx. Maxx turned around while Dan looked through the rear mirror to look at her sitting up. She looked at me worth a glare. Faster than my eyes could catch, she slammed the side of her arm into my neck and held me down, a blade from her wrist exposing itself, nearly an inch away from stabbing my eye. "Who the fuck are you?" She hissed. "Shit man, are you from Assassin's Creed or what?" I hissed back, completely ignoring her question.

I could hear her growl, threatening to stab the blade into my eye. "Hey, this is completely unnecessary! We just saved your ass back there, at least show us that you're thankful!" Zach reached over to grab her, but Loki prevented him from doing that with a snarl. The female scoffed. "What am I, a princess? Are you guys supposed to be my heroic princes or knights in shining armor?" Maxx turned around with a nod. "Well, we did save you. You were also asleep like sleeping beauty, you came through someplace high like rapunzel... I think you get the idea." Maxx said with a smirk. I decided to butt in on the conversation. "Yeah, so stop complaining and - Ow, ow, ow, okay! I'll shut up!" She pushed down harder on my neck, suffocating me. I couldn't breathe anymore, so I just slammed my legs into her stomach. She fell back, nearly cutting Zach.

This time I pinned her down. Wrapping my hands on her wrists, I kept her legs down with my knees. "Who's tough now, princess?" I snickered. "You make me wanna puke." She growled. "Uncle." She simply said. I smiled before getting off. After she got up, we all sat in a long silence. I decided it was time to introduce ourselves.

"You... Wanted to know who we were. That's Dan, the dude driving. Maxx is sitting next to him. The one weird hobo werewolf is Zach." Zach turned around at me, smacking his hand on the side of my head. "Man, shut the fuck up you Furry ass gamer!" Maxx burst out laughing as did I, Dan and the female just chuckled. "I'm Tatiana Lopez... That's Loki, though I assume you guys already know him. You guys seem..." She stopped for a moment, looking over the small group in front of her. "L-lovely?" She hesitated. Zach leaned over to me and whispered. "She totally hesitated saying that." I nodded with a giggle. "You hesitated!" I said to Tatiana, trying to sound offended. She smirked. "I know."

Even Loki let out a laugh, which made me laugh for seeing and HEARING a dog laugh!

I didn't know why, but we all just kinda started having laughing fits. I haven't laughed this hard ever since the apocalypse started. Hell, my laugh even sounds a bit different I haven't laughed for a long time. It felt good to let all my laughs out; I'm sure that the others feel the way too.

I just hope this will last.

>0>

Oh poor guys. They haven't laughed in so long! ;^; I feel bad for them.
And then Cody wants it to last longer! Ayyyyyeeee, this is gonna get LOOOOOCOOOOOOO! :^D
💜•💙