"My lady, welcome to the palace," Thor said, kissing her palm.

She looked at me. "This is him? Lienna, he's... wow."

I grinned. "You should get to know each other."

Thor nodded. "I'd love to get to know your beautiful friend, Lienna."

I smiled. My work was done. I turned to go eat but instead bumped into Loki. I was developing a terrible habit of bumping into royals.

"I've been looking for you," he said.

"I was matchmaking."

"Oh, you were? Who?"

I pointed towards Thor and Ria.

"My father put you up to it?"

I nodded.

"Sounds like him. Did you eat yet?" he asked, taking my hand.

"No. I was just about to, but then I walked into you ever so gracefully," I replied, picking up a muffin.

He smirked. "Did Odin tell you about the ball and feast he's planned tonight?"

I shook my head. My mouth was full. He was distracting me from food.

"He's inviting barons from around Asgard. There will be plenty of men, young and old, who are going to want a dance with the stunning Lienna of Asgard."

"And you're not going to let that happen, now are you?"

He laughed. "You know me too well."

"It's not like our fates are intertwined or anything." I rolled my eyes sarcastically. "Does this mean I need to pick out a new dress?"

"Yes it does. Right now, with Frigga."

I inwardly groaned. I hated being girly and was happy with a plain frock to any event. I suppose this spurred from hosting parties at Svendrel's in my maid attire and never having had expensive clothing before. "Alright, but you have to take me there. I don't know where anything is in this palace."

He smirked, then flicked his hand at me with a flash of emerald light. I landed not-so-gracefully in Frigga's quarters, slamming into a side table before steadying myself. Frigga was sitting amongst multiple dresses of all colors and styles.

She grinned. "Loki?"

"Yes. He's a trickster." I laughed breathlessly. "I'm here to try on dresses, I suppose."

Frigga nodded, gathering a pile of dresses in her arms. "Try these on in that room over there, dear, then show me."

The first dress was a flouncy red one with glitter dripping off of it and poofy sleeves. I could already tell that Frigga's response would be a firm "Definitely not."

The second and third dresses were tight and short, composed of sheer fabric that was revealing and very uncomfortable to model for her.

"What do you think?" Frigga asked about the sheer yellow dress. "If we gave you a wrap, maybe..."

I shook my head firmly.

"You're right. A bit too revealing for a dinner with barons."

The fourth dress had a wide hoop skirt that made me look like some of my famous cakes. It was a soft pink and wasn't too terrible as dresses go, besides the volume of the skirt.

Frigga shook her head as soon as she saw it. "I feel more of a radiance of a darker vibe from you. Try on a darker dress."

I looked through the pile of brightly colored dresses until my eyes landed on a rich forest green fabric. I pulled it out carefully, admiring the silky texture.