2

"So where are you two headed?"Ii asked

"Just to the park to skate." replied Grayson.

"In this rain? Why?" I was actually curious. I mean who would want to go skate boarding in the rain. it can be dangerous.

"Just to have fun and be adventurous!" Ethan said with a toothy smile.

I'm not gonna lie. I missed then both. We only stopped talking because they got so caught up in LA and Youtube. We just slowly drifted apart. It was devastating and I hated losing my best friends. but I've changed. I don't know about them but yeah.

"Okay. Well here we are. Have fun guys!" I said as they opened their doors.

"Thanks." they said at the same time.

I pulled out and started heading to school. I'm in NJSU study to be a children's physiologist. I made it to class a few minutes early still and sat at my usual seat. I don't normally talk to people mainly because I have no time for a social life anyways.

*skip school*

After the bell rang I facetimed my best friend Courtney. She moved to new York for NYU and honestly I'm so proud of her.

"Hey boo!" she said when she answered the phone.

"Hey! So guess what happened this morning.."

"You finally started making friends?" she messes with me.

"Nooooo but you would like that. Ummm you remember Grayson and Ethan, right?" I asked.

"Yes, what about them?"

"I saw them today and gave them a ride to the park down the street from the house on the way to school. I offered because it was raining and I didn't really think it would be them. They must be home visiting family" I explained.

"Anja, be careful. When you guys started drifting apart you became depressed. I don't want that to happen to you again.." Court said.

"I'm trying. We didn't really talk much. Just small talk consisting of why they wanted to go skateboarding in the rain."

"Okay. Well I have good news. I'm coming home for the break so I get to see you!" she yells through the phone.

"Oh my gosh no way! I cant wait to see you! I miss you so much..." I replied

"I miss you too. I have to go. I've got class in a hour and I have to go eat. I'm meeting some friends." she says.

"Alright. Have fun! I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up and went to costa for some coffee and I sat at a table ready my book for class and studying to the test next week. I have to ass this. I gotta keep my GPA up if I want to go to Europe for a while after I graduate.

Suddenly I feel a presence and look up to see both Ethan and Grayson sitting across from me.

"May I help you with something?" I ask.

"We miss you. But we're kinda worried that you're mad at us." Ethan replied.

Him and Grayson both look down at their cups of coffee sitting in front of them. I look at Grayson and he makes eye contact with me.

"I'm not mad at you. I miss you too. I'm sorry I let the distance grow between us." I said.

"It's okay. We're sorry too." Grayson finally spoke.

I missed them so much. But I really missed Grayson. I missed his kisses and hugs and cuddles. But he broke my heart. He ended everything to save me from having more pain. But if I'm being honest, him doing that is the reason i was depressed. I wanted him and only him. No one else. It's why I've put walls up and don't talk to anyone. I don't want to be left hanging again. i don't want to be put through that again.