Five

Wednesday - 10:32 am

In the last two days, at least thirty people have talked to me about Jason, telling me how nice he is and, once, how good he is in bed. Taliah laughed when I replied to them with "ew, you're a creep."

Jason hadn't really been near me since Monday, which wasn't an issue. What was an issue was Ruby. She was now more determined than ever to make stuff up about me. Most people just ignored her.

I'm currently sat in my English class, closer to the back of the room than usual. I would normally sit in the front, but I had done that yesterday and I had been smothered with comments about Jason.

The bell rang and I jumped out of my chair. I gathered all of my things and was the first person out of the room. I headed to the back of the school where the big hill was, and I sat under one of the furthest trees.

I took out the vegemite sandwich that I had made before school and started to eat it. I watched as other students left the building in groups, talking to their friends. I saw Taliah walk out, talking to a boy. She was nodding and smiling and eventually, they hugged and walked hand in hand to a bench that sat awkwardly on the side of the area.

I continued watching as people went past me before my phone buzzed. I took it out of my bag and looked at the notification.

It was a text from Jason.

~

Wow

This is short

And boring

It will get better

I think

Stay with me