Four

Monday - 8:54 am

I give myself a few seconds to figure out what's happening, but it doesn't help and end up turning around and heading for Taliah. She's talking to a blonde girl that I recognise as another good friend of mine, Emma.

"But I seriously can not wait to go." Emma was saying.

"Go where?" I ask, intruding their conversation.

"This concert I'm going to on Friday. I got an extra ticket and I was wondering if you wanted to go?" She replies to me.

"Yeah, I'll go. Who's performing?" I say.

"Guess."

"Mate, it could be Bob the builder for all I know."

"Ruel."

My eyes widen.

"What?"

"Ruel. You know, the one you were talking about the other day."

"You're kidding."

"Nup." Emma smiles.

I shake my head. "But what about Tali?" I ask, looking to Taliah.

"I can't go. My parents won't let me." She states.

"Is it just us going?" I ask Emma.

"No, Emily and one of her friends are going." She answers, referring to her twin sister.

The bell rings and students around us start to file into the building.

"We should get going," Taliah says. We nod and follow her into the hallway.

"I'll see you guys later," Emma says before walking into one of the classrooms. She has a separate homeroom to Taliah and I.

"So, what was Jason talking to you about?" Taliah asks as we walk down the corridor.

"You saw that?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think everyone out there did."

"Oh, I didn't realise."

"- But you two would make a cute couple." She continues. "And your kids would be hot."

I laugh at her statement. "Don't get any ideas. I barely know Jason, so there's no way we're gonna be a thing anytime soon."

"Well, who knows. You two might be together by the end of the week."

~

I realise that this is the most boring thing ever.

Deal with it.