Chapter 22: Connect To Another Source

Magsimula sa umpisa

'All you want is me in your life. Let me in.' Derek's words slithered their way into my mind. 

I stood there transfixed by the beauty in his eyes. I hadn't noticed it before.

It's true what they say that the eyes are the gateway to the soul, because I could feel him in mine, and I in his. 

"I need you, Y/N... And you need me. Together we'd be unstoppable." He said.

He put his hands on my arms/shoulders and grasped me, quite firmly.

"Let me in Y/N." Derek said softly. "Let me in."

"N- N- No. I- I- I can't-" I stuttered out. It was becoming more and more difficult for me to resist. 

He took one of his hands and pushed the hair out of my face and behind my ear, letting his hands glide down my cheek giving me chills. "Just let go. It's simple." 

"Just... Let... Go..." His voice was captivating, clear and smooth, almost soothing in nature.

Everything about him was compelling me to give in. 

Little spots of blue began to swim in my eyes. I couldn't think straight. I could hardly think at all.

"I- I..." I started, but he pulled me in close and kissed me. 

Derek kept his hands on me, even after his lips left mine.

He started to kiss my neck, sucking and biting, giving me pleasure. Breaking all my walls down.

With every passing moment of our intimacy I fell more and more under his spell. 

I couldn't help it. It was completely involuntary. I had no choice.

I could feel a part of me that was screaming Jeremy's name to me. Derek wasn't Jeremy. I shouldn't be kissing him. But that part of me deteriorated and was soon gone.

It was happening again. My worst nightmare. I was losing.

I was losing my will. I was losing myself. I was losing everything.

"Jeremy should've believed you." Derek whispered into my ear. "Just shows how little he cares about you." His breath was hot on my neck.

My head whirled back and I could feel my will slipping away, bit by bit being replaced with his. I was becoming a captive victim to the voices in my head... And it felt amazing.

----------------------------------------------

I ran into Jeremy and Michael on the sidewalk on my way back.

"Jeremy? What're you doing out here?" I asked. 

"He came to find you. There's something he wants to say." Michael prompted. "Go on."

"I wanted to apologize. I should've believed you. I-" I stopped Jeremy mid-sentence, and gave him a forgiving kiss.

"It's okay. But we have bigger things to worry about." 

"What're you talking about?" Michael asked me.

"Derek. He's been squipped! He's had one this entire time!" I revealed.

"WHAT?!" Both, Jeremy and Michael, said in unison.

"Wait. That doesn't make any sense. Why would he help us then? Why did he fix you and me up?" Jeremy posed.

"I don't know and I don't care to find out. I just want this done and over with!"

"Where'd you see him?"