The Neverlanders

Nozomi's POV

Hi! I'm Nozomi Takegawa! I'm sixteen years old, and I'm a member of the idol group The Neverlanders!

I'm not the only member, but I'm the best. No! Just kidding. I actually believe everyone has different strengths and weaknesses so there's really no such thing as the best.

(A/N: This is a good time to look back at the Characters chapter because my phone deleted the pictures)

I live in a house with the other members of the group. Sitting on the couch next to me was Hohaku. She's one year older than me and has a dirty sense of humor. She tends to talk too much and spill too much information when she rambles, but she means well.

On the floor laying down with a pillow animal was little Nariko, being the youngest member at only 11 years. She's pretty innocent, yet intelligent for her age. She's the most enthusiastic about being an idol than everyone.

"Girls!" A make voice called out, and our manager entered the room. That was Koya, yet he had us call him Goshujin for some reason (Goshujin translates to Master). He's definitely perverted, and he has the typical harem anime male MC personality to describe it simply. I don't know why he became the manager of an idol group, but I'm not gonna question.

"Printer ink! We need printer ink!" Shouted Chouko, our purple haired secretary as she burst into the room from her office/bedroom in the basement. Don't worry. She wasn't forced in there. She chose it herself.

"Noted." Replied Koya, "Do you three need anything?"

"Red licorice sounds amazing right now." Said Hohaku.

"I want some mango juice." Nariko said.

"Coconut bun please." I said.

Someone entered the room. That was Kanae (Kah-nai). She wasn't an idol or anything special like that, but she was different like us. She never showed her face, and kept to herself.

"Ah! Kanae-san!" Koya said.

"Yes, Koya?" She turned to face him.

"Call me Goshujin! Like the others do!"

"I'm not like the others."

Koya laughed nervously. "I'm going to the store. You need anything?"

"Could you get me some ibuprofen?" Kanae asked.

"I'm going! Bye!"

And with that, Koya promptly left.

To tell you the truth, none of us are normal humans. There was an accident some years ago which changed us in quite a few ways; including hair colour and a few scars, but I didn't really complain. I mean having orange hair is cool.

We only moved to Paris a few weeks ago. We only recently got settled in. It took alot of arguing to decide who slept in what room. But the house was big enough for us each to get our own room; except Kanae, who shared a room with me. 

Life was pretty good so far, and there has been no concert dates announced yet. So that means more lounging around until Koya has us practice our dances til we collapse, but he means well. Honestly, in a life as good as this, what could go wrong?

"How you feeling, Kanae?" Hohaku asked.

"A little better." Kanae replied, "But my head is killing me. I keep hearing this weird sound in my head, and sometimes whispers."

"You get the chills too? Cause I sure do."

"Not... Like that." Kanae turned away, "But yeah, I do get the chills."

"I'm sure there's some magical explanation." I attempted to reassure her, but I could tell it failed by her reaction.

"Where's Miss Workoholic?" Kanae asked with a sigh.

"Need you ask?" Hohaku cackled, "Where do you think she is?"

Kanae shrugged. "Do you know if she's busy?"

"That woman is always busy."

"Good point I guess." She walked toward the basement in the hall. 

I focused my eyes back onto the TV. We were watching an anime called Miss Magi about a teenager who becomes a magical girl. The show is made for kids, but it can get pretty dark sometimes. 

"With the power in my heart, transform me!" Nariko shouted, holding her plastic scepter in the air.

"Have you watched the last season yet?" Hohaku asked me.

"No." I replied, "Why?"

"It gets really dark and the last episode ends in a cliffhanger."

"I need to see that! But I'm only on season five."

"Oh don't worry. There are only twelve seasons."

"I know that. I'm just not there yet."

"Yah, I got that. I was just curious how far you were because a new series is going to come out."

"A reboot?"

"No. A second series picking up from where this one left off."

"Took them long enough."

I looked back at the screen to watch Miss Magi fight a monster made of soap suds. Life couldn't get any better than this.