Archie Andrews - #3

You spot the Andrews' household from down the block, and speed up, heart racing with excitement. Dating Archie had been really fun so far, and after being together for two months you think you're ready to take it to the next step. Archie had been inviting you over every time his dad went out of town so you could have the house to yourselves, and all the hints led up to this final moment; today was the day. You approach the front door and take a deep breath, smoothing down your hair and knocking eagerly on the door. You brace yourself as you hear footsteps and the door opens to reveal... Fred Andrews. 

His eyebrows raise in surprise. "Y/N, wasn't expecting to see you here today." "Uh, me neither Mr Andrews," you say, head filled with confusion. "Just stopped by to, er, tell Archie something. Is he home?" Mr Andrews shakes his head. "Sorry, he hasn't returned home from school yet. Try giving him a call, see where he is." You nod, swallowing hard. "I don't have my phone with me, could I use yours?" Fred nods and smiles, holding the door open for you. "Of course, come on in. Sit, I'll bring you the phone." You smile gratefully and slowly sink into the sofa. Archie had better have a good explanation for this.

 Fred Andrews reenters the room with the home phone in his hand, and sits on the sofa opposite from you. You smile shakily and dial Archie's phone number into the keypad, then hold it to your phone as it rings. No response. You dial it again, starting to get nervous. Again, straight to voicemail. You look at Mr Andrews, and he shrugs.  "Maybe something just held him up. You're entirely welcome to just wait here, he should be home soon." You nod, giving Fred a smile. "Thanks, Mr Andrews." 

The room settles into an awkward silence. You had only met Archie's dad once in the entire three months that you had been dating Archie, so you weren't very close. Suddenly Fred cleared his throat and spoke up. "So, Y/N, Are you enjoying school?" You feel a sense of dread rising in your stomach. Small talk is the worst. "Um, yeah, it's okay. Pretty straight forward for the most part, Biology isn't as bad as last year. Archie and I are in the class together." 

"Mr Trewer is a fine teacher." You nod in agreement, and the room falls back into the awkward tension it was before. You look down at the rug, studying the patterns. Suddenly, there is the bang of a door opening and Archie runs in, panting heavily. He turns the corner and freezes, seeing the two of us looking sitting there in silence. Mr Andrews clears his throat again. "Son. Welcome back." He stands and ruffles Archie's sweaty hair, then makes his way to the basement door. "I'll give you guys some privacy," he calls over his shoulder. 

Archie turns away from his dad and looks at you, slowly making his way to the sofa and sits next to you. "Y/N, I'm so sorry, I didn't know he was going to be home. I thought he would be-" "Where were you? Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" You cut him off, looking him in the eyes angrily. Archie sighs and runs a hand though his hair. "Coach made us practice longer than usual. Normally I would have been home an hour ago, but he's been working us harder lately. My phone was off and it was in my bag, I was on the field! I'm sorry Y/N, I-" "Stop apologizing. It's fine, Arch. I guess I'm just glad you're okay. As for your dad..." 

He sighs again. "I really didn't know he was going to be home. He told me he'd be gone today, on a business trip. Guess it just got canceled." You nod. "I understand." Archie looks at you, face full of regret. "Let me make it up to you. I promise, next weekend, we can go t-" You cut him off again, this time with your lips. You crush your lips against his, and his surprise melts into lust as he kisses you back, wrapping one arm around your waist and putting his other hand in your hair. 

You stop to catch your breath, and panting he asks you "Does this mean I'm forgiven?" You don't answer, you just wrap your arms around his neck and continue kissing him. He doesn't object and he pulls you onto his lap, deepening the kiss. When you pull away again to breathe, his pupils are dilated, and he stands up and pulls you down the hall to his bedroom.

_______________________________

This one was a bit shorter I feel, and also one finally without Jughead. Maybe there are some Archie girls reading who would rather one with Arch, who knows. 

Anyways, let me know if you want more like this or if you want some fanfiction including two characters instead of a first person of yourself. Also give me requests on different characters to write about, I'm always looking for more inspiration :) 

Sorry if I don't update as much, it's exams season right now so I'm stressed. Writing technically helps me de-stress but I should probably also focus on studying.

Love you all, have a great rest of your day (or night) xxx