Jughead Jones - #2

AU: Welp here's another Jughead imagine because why not ^-^ I just love Juggie okay. (Side note: I'm trying not to leave spoilers for people who haven't watched up to the third season yet but I'm probably gonna put a spoiler warning in the description just in case.)

You enter Pop's, digging through your pockets for any extra change. "Pop, I need to use the phone please." Pop Tate nods wordlessly and he leads you to the back room where an old payphone stands. He leaves you to give you some privacy and you drop the few quarters you managed to scrounge into the slot and dial your mother's number. You brace yourself as your mother's concerned voice comes through the phone. Ever since Riverdale became a less safe place due to the mass murders of the Black Hood, your mother has been begging you to leave and to go somewhere safer. 

You take your time convincing your mom that you're safe, and that you'll call her if anything else happens, when suddenly you hear a loud banging from the front of the shop. Not being able to see what it is from the back room, you quickly finish up your call and end it with a hasty "Love you mom, call you soon" and begin to run closer to the door. 

Not sure if you should go see what happened or run out the back door, you just freeze and stand behind the wall, breathing heavily. The door to the back room you're in flies open and you brace yourself, closing your eyes tight. But when you open them, you breathe a sigh of relief. It's just Jughead. 

His eyes are watery and red, and he whispers your name before hurtling toward you and wrapping you in a tight hug. "Jug, what's wrong?" You ask in shock, stroking his soft hair and kissing his cheek delicately. "I'm so glad you're okay, Y/N, you have no idea how worried I was." His tone suddenly goes angry and he glares at you. "Why didn't you answer your phone when I called? You scared me so badly, I thought for sure you were dead!" He swipes angrily at his tears and you stare at him in disbelief.

"I- I'm sorry, Jug, my phone died and I came over to Pop's to return my mom's call. It wasn't my fault." His face softens a bit, and he pulls you closer to him, holding your head to his chest. "I know it's not, I'm sorry. It's just when I heard about the Black Hood attack at the town hall, and I knew that you were headed there with your friends, I panicked and lost it a little. I'm so glad you're safe." 

"Wait- what?! There was a Black Hood attack at the town hall?" You push away from his chest and stare at him in horror. Jughead nods solemnly and squeezes your hand. "It's okay, nobody got hurt, but they're putting the town on a bit of a lock down until the police have a better lead on how to stop them." You relax a little. "Good. By the way, I never actually made it to the town hall. My mom called while I was on the way but then my phone died before I could answer. I went straight to Pop's after that."  You kiss his cheek and lean back into him, and he strokes your hair and sighs. "I don't know what I would have done if you had gotten hurt. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself." You look at him in confusion. "Why would you have any reason to blame yourself? This is the Black Hood's doing, not yours." 

"Yes, but I'm the one keeping you in Riverdale, in this terrible, dangerous, life threatening-" His voice breaks again and you kiss him, trying to calm him down. "Jug, I'm staying in Riverdale because I love it here. I love my friends, I love the school, and obviously I love you. I'm willing to risk dying here with the people I love, rather than running away like a coward and being miserable. None of this is your fault." 

You gently dry the remaining tears from his cheeks, and he looks in your eyes before pinning you against the wall and kissing you passionately. You run your fingers through his hair, knocking off his hat in the process and wrapping your legs around his waist. The kiss doesn't stop until the door opens and Pop Tate walks in. Jughead loosens his grip on you and you slide to your feet, handing him his hat as he puts it on his head sheepishly. Pop Tate looks at us for a moment before motioning to the front of the shop. 

"Someone else needs the phone now, are you two done?" Your cheeks flush and Jughead laughs, before slipping his hand in yours and leading you to the door, calling out "Thanks, Pop" over his shoulder. 

The End

Aghhh I feel like this one was short and super cheesy, I cringed while I was writing it but I was smiling at the same time... Oh well. Who knows, maybe I'm the only one actually enjoying these lmao. Anyways, Merry Christmas Eve! Probably won't update for a couple days because it's Christmas and also I have a huge project to finish so I'll be busy, but I'll be back with another one at some point. I'm trying to not be lazy and try to make a good one for other characters, but it's just so much easier with Jughead because I love him and ideas come easily for him. We'll see. 

Alright, Merry Christmas, I love you, have a great rest of your day!