Chapter 38

We were there, me and my brother leading the strongest group of lycans to a small castle hidden in the mountains of Tuscany. The location, the castle, everything looks just like I dreamed of. I'm here, my mate is in there but the situation is not how I imagined.

I know very well that no matter how secretive we act and how hard we try to surprise him with our attack, he knows. He's very well aware of every move we are making and he's sitting in there waiting for us.

Daniel is also with us, no matter how much I try to hate him but deep down I know it's not his fault, it's always been mine, I've just been putting it on others to make myself feel a little lighter. Liam looked at me asking if I was ready, I looked at Daniel once, I can't let anything happen to him, I have to do this much for V.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me. "I know the fire of rage burning in you Pablo, trust me I really do. I know that you want to avenge your parents and they deserve to be avenged but I want one promise from you tonight" I said and he nodded.

"Promise me that you won't let this fire blind you and distract you from your only priority, finding your mate. I know you never had anything or anybody to live for before, so it didn't matter if you walked into the fire. But you have V now, you have to be there for her. So, promise me that the moment you find her, you'll head back to the palace with her without thinking about anybody else".

He kept his face straight but had a whole storm of emotions in his eyes. "And in return I promise you I'll make him pay for all the innocents that have suffered because of him" I said in a strong voice. He stayed silent for a moment but then nodded at me and said, "I promise you princess, my mate is my only priority".

I smiled at him and my brother patted his back. "It's time brother" I said to him and he nodded. He signalled everybody to start moving in slowly, Piero was leading a bunch of them. We didn't let Cris come with us because he was still too weak to fight again.

The directions were very clear, rip the spines out of everything that comes in your sight and whoever finds the two humans we are here for, gathers all the army and take them and lead in any direction you can, only I stay back. I had a really hard time making Piero understand this, he didn't want to leave us at any cost but I promised Cris that I'll bring his mate back alive.

We started moving in silently. I could see my men dropping bodies in every direction. We three were moving in together, we didn't even need to turn to crush these rogues, this appalling stench of their treachery is enough to make us want to rip them into pieces.

I was on high alert and my lycan was ready to break through, it just needed me to lose my control. My heart was aching to see my love, my lycan wants to run to every corner of this place to find him. "We need to go separate ways to cover more ground" I said to my brother.

He didn't look on board with the idea but he knew he had to do it. "Be careful sorellina" he said to me. "You too brother and keep Daniel close to you" he nodded. When he was leaving, I grabbed his hand and stopped him, "if you find him before me, promise me you'll leave with him without thinking twice" I said with my voice breaking and tears on the verge of falling from my eyes.

"I need you to promise to me that you won't think of me once and just make sure that my mate is safe, please brother" I whispered in desperation. He hugged me tightly and whispered, "I promise". I looked at Daniel, he nodded at me telling me that he was clear with what he had to do. We separated and went different ways.

I walked in the castle, while Liam and Daniel were covering outside. My heart was thumping so loudly. This castle was made beautifully, but it did not feel like home. This is so much more than I dreamed of, yet there is no desire to live here. I just want to find them and end things.