Toward the sun

It was already afternoon, little by little the sun was failing her battle against the night and the little kids were told to come back to their home . The faint sound of a baby crying made him look towards the left , the six years old little boy found himself walking away from the group of children he was playing with,  not paying attention to their calls and voices which faded the more he got deeper into the wood.

The ball he held in his arms was long abandoned , somewhere behind an old tree , unfortunately the child forgot that his mother was waiting him with a big pot of cooked meat , special home made gravy sauce and a small cake she made to celebrate his birthday .

His nose started  catching the heavy scent of blood mixed with another sweet one which made him blink in awe . Cinnamon mixed with strawberries , he never smelt something this good in his village.

Without paying attention he tripped over a rock and fell in the  river , gasping loudly and coughing once he stood up since the coldness of the water snatched all oxygen he had in his young lungs , leaving a burning sensation on his face . That's when Seokjin heard the whimpering of an animal with the baby crying , which he recognized as a desperate call for help...of a dying wolf.

His tiny hand wiped blood off the wolf's  eyes , feeling tears filling his own because he couldn't stop the obvious pain it was going through. It was a horrible sight for a child but he reminded himself that he should stay strong no matter what. His alpha father taught him that.
Suddenly the wolf shifted into it human form and turned out to be a woman whom was hiding a baby behind her tail .
The offspring was well wrapped in a white blanket and apparently his mother made sure that none of her blood stained his cover.
She weakly handed Seokjin the sleeping baby but not before kissing his face , forehead and hands then whispered in a barely edible voice "Save Jungkook, please ."
Jin tried his best to hold him in his small arms with all the strength he had in his body.

Something was moving in their direction in a monsterous speed and the sound of howling was  getting closer. Whatever or whomever is coming is definitely going to kill them all.
"Hi-de."
Seokjin didn't need to be told twice as he ran away with the baby , he ran until his limbs were begging for mercy but didn't get as far as needed to be out of the danger zone .

"Here you are you omega bitch...Where is the filth you gave birth to?"
She didn't respond only coughed more blood especially when a strong kick was delivered to her stomach.
"I said where is he?"
The mother started sobbing still worried for her one year old Jungkook. She gave him to a small child but that was her only option before the pack capture her and end her life.
"Oh for fuck sake just kill her already."
"Alright."

"Hello Jungkook." Seokjin whom was seated under a willow, whispered while caressing the child's face with his finger. He was surprised when the baby woke up slowly and looked at him. His innocent eyes were like those of a fawn , twinkling in the darkness of the forest , brighter than the stars.
He prayed from the bottom of his heart that Jungkook keep quiet and don't cry because they'll get caught.
Jin yawned and leaned a little bit on the trunk but immediately opened his eyes and slapped himself twice.
"No no I am gonna protect Jungkook. He needs me."
The baby giggled a bit when he slapped himself.
"You already love to see hyung getting slapped huh? Go back to sleep ."

A few moments of silent passed until a huge wild boar came and he was looking at them , mainly on the small baby he held . The animal made a sound and Jin knew by instinct that the boar wants Jungkook...to eat him.
He quickly placed the child aside and held a rock he found next to his foot .
"You won't touch kookie."

"Sojin?! What are you doing outside?!"
"Seokjin!" She frantically answered her husband while struggling against his hold ,looking everywhere for a sign of her child.
The alpha's eyes winded when he heard the name of his youngest pupp ,they started turning red.
"Where is he?!"
"The kids just told me he ran to the wood!"
"Wait here!" He almost shouted before quickly shifting into his wolf form and running toward the wood .

The alpha stood in the middle of the wood and let out a loud howl calling for his offspring , some of the villagers woke up to the powerful sound and like it reached the village it reached Seokjin whom just hit the boar harshly on his eyes . The animal  ran away when he heard the sound and Jungkook woke up crying once again.
"Jungkook!My father came!" Seokjin said while reaching for him and gently started rocking him back and forth.

"Dry your tears woman. You too Seokjun for Luna's sake."
"Thank you honey."
"What are you thanking me for? Getting my son back home?...Now the question Jin will have to answer when he wakes up....Who the hell is this baby he brought with him."
"Ah the poor soul was hungry and didn't let me breastfeed him...I am worried for him alpha....please...Go find someone."
"What? We're in the middle of the night ,who will accept to breastfeed a pupp that doesn't belong to the pack?!"
"Hyojin...she will definitely accept. "
"How are you so sure?"
"Please alpha...Just call her."

Sojin was in awe while the baby was hungirly suckling milk from Hyojin without taking a second to breath. The woman held him so tenderly as if he was her own son , her eyes were focused on his while he was feeding but Hyojin pulled her breast from him and started patting his back , he started whimpering wanting to have more.
"Shhhh you need some rest baby." She quietly said before letting him continue feeding.

"Thank you for coming Hyo."
The woman smiled while poking Jk's chubby cheeks.
"Thank you Sojin." She whispered , gently rocking Jk to sleep.
The truth is , the pupp she's holding  reminded her of her unborn son. The one she lost in the ninth month because an unfortunate miscarriage.
Death decided to kidnap him the moment he was getting ready to live and left a permanent  scar on her soul.

"Sojin...he's not your child..right?"
"Not really...it's a bit complicated...I mean not every day your son goes missing in the wood and return with a tiny stranger in his arms."
"What's his name ?"
"I don't know...Should we name him or-"
"Jungkook." Seokjin who just came rubbing his half opened eyes said before taking a place between his mother and Hyojin and planting a small peck on Jungkook's forehead. 

"Seokjin . Now if you're completely awake tell us everything.  If not go back to sleep and we'll talk in the morning. "
"I'll tell you everything now appa."

To be continued.....