Chapter 47: The One Silently Hurting

Start from the beginning

Just a child.

One that couldn't help but wail in pain since that was the only way for them to release everything that was bottle up.

[--]

"I am home..." You yawned taking off your shoes.

Entering the apartment, you noticed how quiet the place was. Which was extremely worrying on your part. "Mom?" You called looking around. The moment you entered the living room, you tackled onto the floor in one swift motion.

"(Y/N)!!!!!!" Your mother sobbed hodling on to you for dear life.

"I guess you saw the news too huh?" You sighed helping the sobbing lady up. Placing your hands on her shoulders you gently guided her to the couch and sat her. Quickly make your way over to the counter to make tea for your mother.

"Here mom..." You gave her the cup with a gentle smile reassuring her from her worries, and maybe 'terrifying' thoughts, that clouded her mind.

"I asked someone up on him and they told me he is fine. He didn't get hurt badly." You whispered stroking her hair as your blew into her tissue, adding it to the mounting pile in the bin by her feet.

"Thank you (Y/N)." Inko say finally calming down. "But I feel guilty for putting too much burden on you."

You merely smiled and let out a chuckle. "Don't worry about me, mom. Worry about Izuku, he is the one going through all this." You then told her to sleep while you finished the rest of the chores she wasn't able to do ever since she broke down.

Looking at the floor you sighed to yourself. What you said wasn't something you wanted to say to her actually. But the fact she looked to be in terrible pain you didn't think twice when you decided to put her before you.

'I want you to worry about me too..' You sadly thought running a hand through your tresses.

'But you don't need to worry about another problametic child.'

[--]

The mall incident...

When Inko was called about her son being in the police station after he was approached by a villain, she broke down. The first thing she did was call you to let you know before her way to the station.

On the other end of the phone, who's screen has cracked under your hold. "Master?" Gensui asked looking up from the cup of tea he poured for you. It has only been an hour since you calmed down so your emotions are still out of whack. Hoping to have the rest of the night to yourself, you instead had to deal with another incident that had your brother in the spotlight, once again. This is already starting to get annoying!

You placed the device down in order to limit the damage you wanted to bestow upon it and stand up not thinking twice about gulping the tea in one swoop.

"Master! Don't drink it all at once!" Gensui exclaimed trying to stop you but it was too late, you gave him the empty cup and walked to the door grabbing your coat along the way. The burning feeling just piercing into your senses but all of it seem to numb under the raging fire of your fury.

When you arrived at the mall, you immediattely started from there to treking to the police station. Since the mall was closed early because of the said incident.

And when you got there, you found your mother just meeting your brother. Her face adorn with tears and a stuffy nose. Upon your arrival, the air dense, Izuku noticed your emotionless face and gulped loudly ennough for Toshinori who was next to him to hear.

Your mother, however, was oblivious to your seeping rage and let out a happy call greeting you with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Playfully you laughed pushing your mom to calm down with a grin. "Mom..! We are in public!" You whine lifting her mood but dreading Izuku's. Lifting your head up to meet his eyes, you playfully teased the boy with hidden malice in your tone. "And you, you greenhead idiot. How is danger always after your sorry butt?" You joke but the boy knew better.

Using all your strength to bite back every bit of anger. You take a deep breath before turning around with a shrug. "Eh, you and your hero stuffs. I will never understand."

Seeing you give in so easily, partially took Izuku off guard. Yeah it was starting to be a usual thing now, but it was starting to weigh down his heartstrings when he see you give up fighting so easily. Truth to be told, Izuku wanted you to be mad at him. Because then it would be the only time he ever has a chance to talk back to you.

Despite his growing confidence, Izuku is always awkward around you. Too awkward, that he would never be able to say a word to you on his own.

And that kinda hurt you, but it was your own fault. You did basicallly pushed the guy away, and you hated yourself for that. You just didn't realize how much of a grudge you were holding against him. All because he wasn't there when your sensei passed. Which shouldn't have affected your relationship on such a large scale, but it did and you don't know why you can never be easy on him everytime he gets in trouble with one of the reasons being because he was a hero.

Did that incident really hit your hard where it hurts the most?

"Anyway, I gotta get going." You suddenly say just as you were about to head in the police car with your family.

"Go? Go where??" Inko worriedly ask you from the other side of the car seat.

"I am due for a check up." You measely say.

"This late?" This it was Izuku to speak up catching you by surprise. His eyes held deep worry and concern, it kinda made you happy..? That he cared. I mean—pff! of course he'd care! Just not so openly.

Your shock was soon replaced with a grin as you ruffled his hair before waving to your mom. "I am fine, I will just call to be picked up!" You reassured them. "I will just be out late.. That's all." Walking you left them in silence allong wiith the detective and All Might who watched from the entrance of the station.

Once they were gone a tear slipped from your eye. And for now, you just don't know why.

==========================

Oh my gosh this was a long chapter! My tab is lagging! But hope this makes it up to you guys!!