Chapter 22: Entrance Exam

[1 year later]

You stretched in your chair yawning as you looked at a few papers.

A knock was emitted from the other side of the door making you put your feet down and called them in.

"Sis..." Izuku called "It's time for dinner.." He says.

With a hum you replied to him. "Oh okay thanks, Izuku-" The lack of his nickname made him inwardly frown, its been so long since he last heard his nickname.

"-but I'll just grab a serving, these papers are due tomorrow, I may not have enough time tonight." You explained to him.

And that is another thing, ever since you inherited your teacher's business, you were slowly being distant from him and Inko drowning yourself in work.

The business made you so busy, you dropped out from school in the last quarter so that you can prioritize your work.

Though, you were able to ease Inko that you are having good education from a home school teacher.

"Okay.." He muttered. Turning away to close the door.

"Oh Izuku.." He stopped just before he closed the door. "Yeah?"

"Your entrance exam is tomorrow, right?"

Nodding he looked over to you anxious to hear your words. "Don't be too disappointed, kay?" You say to him.

Izuku felt his heart drop, from the fact you lack the faith in him than from back then. He was kinda lonely ever since your sensei's death.

But then again, he was busying himself, with his training with All Might.

And ever since then you had became another source of income, helping to provide the finances Izuku would have for his highschool.

It made him feel guilty cause after so much, you always prioritize him and Inko and yet he couldn't even succeed on being the shoulder you could cry on.

"Night sis..." He say. With a wave the door closed and when it did you sighed in exhaustion dropping your arm over the arm rest of the office chair.

"An entrance exam, huh?" You mumbled to yourself remembering you had experience something that is of similar.

[Flashback]

"Although despite what was written in the will, there was a second page I didn't give you, cause I forgot!" Cheekily the lawyer scratched his head.

"W-What?" You blink.

"You see, before he left, Han trusted a password to you and in order to claim all these I must first hear the password." He said.

"You gotta be kidding me.." You say in disbelief.

"Just think of it as an entrance exam! Though you have three tries." He say.

"And what if I am not able to give the password then?" After that sentence the lawyer frowned.

"Then all this will be gone.."

Now that really put up the stakes higher, cause there is one problem. Its not like you don't remember, its just, Sāji never gave a password!

You raked through your brain to think of any possible words that may be the password, your teacher always love to foreshadows things for the future, like an author.

"Uh... Midori?" You started with the most frequent word he used for your name but the lawyer shook his head. "Strike one."

You panicked a bit when he answered it were wrong and gave your other guess. "Chikau?"

"Strike two."

You were staring to lose hope, thinking harder and harder to what the word may be.

"You know, it doesn't have to be today." The man said earning your attention.

"There was never a time limit to begin with so you don't need to rush." Nodding to his advice you decided to excuse yourself to think.

"Hey, you know why, even with all this, Han would always be seen working in that little ol' shop of his?" You turned around with a look of confusion to where he was going with this statement.

"He said he always felt safe there.."

'Safe....' The word echoed in your head as you felt like you have heard it before.

"Safe..." You whispered to yourself. "A... Anzen..!" You exclaimed.

The man gave an amused smile before he formally bowing before you. A symbol slightly different to Sāji's appeared over him. "A pleasure to be serving you from now on, master."

He said with his eyes changing color and more features were shown. Like the demon-like horns that stood on his head and the color of his hair dimming to black.

It was from then on you knew that this business is more than it seem.

[Flashback End]

"What happy memories" you sighed to yourself completely forgetting about the paperwork in your hand.

And as if on cue, a message was sent which strangely says to not forget about the paperwork.

With a shadow looming over your eyes you picked up the phone and called the number the message was sent by.

"Hello! My lovely mast-"

"Stop stalking me you creepy demon.."

[--]

"Going out for another exercise?" You questioned sipping a nice warm drink on the couch in front of the Tv.

Izuku, hand on the doorknob, stared at you like a deer in headlights with mouth open like a fish.

"U-Uh... y-yeah... I just need a warm up to prepare myself for the entrance exam today.." He explained to you giving a lopsided smile.

You hummed in reply leaving you both in some silence.

"You came out earlier than usual." You told him.

"But why are awake?"

".... I couldn't sleep." You mutter putting down the cup. As if like a switch Izuku took his place next to you on the couch looping an arm around your shoulder and bringing you into a hug.

"What are you doing?" You asked a bit surprised.

"You always do this, whenever I couldn't sleep.." He say with his nose buried in to your shoulder.

You stayed quiet for a bit worrying Izuku but decided to sign and hug back.

Your head resting on his shoulder and arms wrapped around him clutching on the back of his shirt like a child, you felt.. Safe.

"Izuku...." You called out softly.

"Yeah?" Pulling away he met your eyes as you held a bright smile.

"Good luck in the exams. I am sure you will be able to pass with flying colors..!" You cheer.

Izuku stared at you almost able to picture your younger self cheering for him like how you are doing now. Tears pricked his eyes. He quickly wiped it looking at you with determination.

"I won't let you down, sis!"