Real Life {2}: Blacktan

Jennie's PoV:

Believe it or not, sitting in the back of a musty and uncomfortable van wasn't the hardest part of my day.

In fact, the occasional metal rattling coming from the outside of the van stared to grow on me, considering that were were driving for about 10 minutes so far.

Soon enough though, the van came to a screeching stop, making me lean abruptly to the right a little.

"We're here everyone. Make sure you guys keep your eye out for the zombies. They may be slow, but they are dangerous." I heard Hoseok yell from the front.

Well duh, I thought, We were literally trapped in a sea of zombies a while ago.

There was a murmur that washed over the van, which meant that everyone was either scared or ready to escape the humid hell hole.

I was a mix of both.

I heard a couple of doors slam shut from the outside, and then the abrupt sliding open of the door across from where I was seated.

I saw Namjoon, as well as Hoseok, waiting outside of the door, signaling for everyone to exit the van.

I, as well as everyone else, stood, wanting to get out of the hot, musty van.

The sky was already turning a pinkish-orangeish color: the sun was setting.

Usually, in zombie movies, being out during the night time it the most dangerous decision one could ever make.

From what I've heard (props to the local geeks from my dumb school), zombies are at their strongest during the night, or maybe that's just what people believe.

I shuddered from the thought of being eaten alive.

"Jen, you ok? You just shivered a little." I heard Lisa's voice come from behind me, and I turned to see her with a look of concern painted across her face.

"I'm fine, just a little chilly is all." I rubbed my arms for more emphasis, and she nodded, seeming to believe my statement.

I followed the herd of people without really taking in my surroundings until I tripped a little over a pebble on the ground, which was the factor to awaken my senses.

We were sort of a small bunch of people: it was about 15-16 of us in total, including the girls, Namjoon, and I.

The area we were walking through seemed pretty vacant and quiet.

There were houses with busted up windows and broken down doors, but other than that, the houses seemed in good shape.

After I'd had enough of looking around, I just hung my head low and continued walking, playing with a loose string from my school sweater.

"They're attracted to sound, you know."

A deep, startling voice suddenly spoke through the silence of the herd, and I looked to my left to see a man walking next to me, his hands in his pockets.

"Huh?"

"The zombies. They're attracted to sound. That's why you and your friends were attacked today, since your car motor was so loud."

I didn't say anything afterwards. How could I, when I was still in awe?

He was strikingly attractive: he had dark brown hair that covered his forehead, and his angelic face made me wonder if angels existed on this Earth.