i feel my body sway and lean as i continue, and when i feel josh sit next to me, my focus still does not falter. i don't open my eyes to look at him until a minute or so later, when the song i was played is finished.

"that was amazing, tyler." he drapes an arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

"thank you." i smile a bit, my cheeks heating. "um, how was your shower?"

"um," he pauses and laughs a little. "good. do you want to watch a movie?"

"what if instead we went out to the treehouse and painted the walls like we talked about?" i lean my head on his shoulder and he kisses the top of my head.

"sounds good." he squeezes my shoulder and then stands up.

we walk to the stables hand in hand, making comfortable small talk. he helps me get the saddle on correctly and then adjusts his own.

"let's go." he flashes a smile that makes me swoon and then goes ahead, leaving me with a view of the backpack that he'd packed with paint supplies.

when we arrive at the treehouse, i carry the supplies up while he ties up the horses.  i take each paintbrush and paint carefully and set them out as neatly as possible over the uneven wooden planks.

josh climbs up just as i'm pushing the backpack to the corner of the room, a small smile forming on his slightly chapped lips when he sees me.

"your lips are chapped." i raise my hand to cup his cheek and swipe my thumb across his bottom lip.

his eyes flutter closed at my touch. and i lean forward to kiss him once.

"i'll have to remind you to get some chapstick when we get back." i pull my hand away and then pick up a bottle of paint, pouring a little onto the palette he'd packed.

he picks up a different color and pours it, and soon enough all the paints have been poured and we're listening to music and painting away.

i hum along to the song playing and swirl my paintbrush around the wood. i'm not even sure what i'm painting. i've never been especially artistically gifted, but the swirls of color i've created looks pretty nice.

i paint my name towards the top of my picture using black paint and a fine brush. "done." i set my paintbrush down and turn to look at josh's wall.

he's painted a sunset, a beautiful blend of purples, blues, pinks, and oranges. the moon is intertwined with the sun at the top. he looks at me then, a shy smile and a streak of blue paint on his face. "do you like it?"

"of course i do. it's beautiful." i lean across the short distance between us and kiss him, chapped lips and all.

his tongue moves to slide across my lips and i feel warmth spread throughout my body.

my hormones are getting to me once again and i find myself feeling reckless enough to wonder if i'll lose my virginity to josh, or if he'll at least be the first person to touch me there even if we don't have sex.

i feel my cheeks grow even warmer at the thought of it, and i pull away from him, breathless and flustered.

"i guess my chapped lips don't bother you that much after all."

(an: okay so the chlorine video)