Chapter 35: Arrival of the in-laws

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I didn't smoke an entire box, and I brought them, per your request." He rolls his eyes.

"Good, then as long as Roman doesn't throw a fit, we can both have one in the game room, I can show you the setup" they both crack a smile.

"You got me good." He shakes his head and puts his hand to his forehead.

"Sister, Beatrice and I need some sleep." I see CJ holding his wife, bridal style, her fast asleep. Dia nods.

"Alex?" He pops his head around the corner. He is never far away from my Kitten.

"Could you show CJ to their room, and send someone for their bags please. Then have someone take Levi's bag to his room." He winks and nods, then leads CJ away with Beatrice still asleep.

We all walk to the game room. I hardly ever go in there, it's a big open room, divided off with a pool table, bar, fuse ball table, and then the movie theater area.

"You can't go without a projector, can you sis?" Levi shakes his head laughing.

"Uhm, duh! Are you crazy? Of course I can't go without a projector. In depth larger than life movies. Roman's is way better than the one I had. Playing MW3 is way better." She snickers. She is so animated with her family. Normally she is very reserved and has gentle sarcasm. With her family she is over the top, animated, and happy.

"Wanna play?" She offers him the xbox controller. He sighs, then trades her the controller for a cigar.

"So, do I get a cigar?" I finally speak. Dia starts laughing.

"Don't you have your own mio caro?" She doesn't even look at me.

"Maybe I want a cuba" I lean over her chair. Levi hands one to me. I've never seen Dia smoke, besides the vapor, and I've never seen her play video games.

They play a few rounds online. Dia is actually really good, but her brother is better. She is a sniper a lot. She claims she likes killing from the shadows.

"Diamond Nicola, you should be in bed young lady!" I jump to look at who is talking. I see Dia's mom and dad.

"Hola Mama, como estas?" Dia doesn't even look up. I see the time and its 2am!

"Well come give me a hug, and get to bed, your wedding is tomorrow!"

"Mother, the wedding isn't until 6pm. My dress is here, the hair and makeup artists are coming at 2pm, the decor is down, and Roman hired us a wedding planner to stress about everything else. I wanted to be up when everyone got here. Shit, I died."

"Do not cuss young lady! We may not be in my house, but I still don't like that kind of language!"

"I'm sorry. It slipped. Where is Mawmaw and Pawpaw?" Dia finally stops playing, she looks to her mother. She didn't have the cigar anymore.

"They went to bed, they said they will see you for breakfast." Mindy says matter of factly. Dia just nods.

"Well let's all get to bed.  Breakfast will be late tomorrow, say around 9:30." I break the tension in the room.  Everyone just nods.

"Roman, we need to let Maria know that breakfast will be late, but to have coffee ready by about 6am. My grandparents will be up then, and want coffee." Dia says walking to me.

"Maria already knows. She is taking coffee into their room at 5:30" I smile at her. "Don't worry Kitten, everything will be fine."

"That is easy for you to say. You have met my family once. My Mawmaw, and Momma will have no issue putting anyone in their place. They are worse than me, except they are all bark. If you snap back they get upset, and cry, or they snap back more." She faces me. She looks worried.

"I won't be able to sleep tonight." She hangs her head. "I want them here, but I don't know if my stress level will be able to handle it. Will you" she pauses, she looks like she is trying to figure something out.

"Will I what?" I ask her, but she shakes her head, and starts pacing. She stops, then shakes her head and starts pacing again.

"Kitten, will I what?" I stop her and make her face me.

"Willyoubemadifishutoffmyemotions?" She mumbles without pausing.

"What?" I am confused.

"Nevermind. I'll figure it out. I just need to stop stressing. I'm going to take a bath." She walks out of the room.

I had told Dia that I didn't want to do the traditional not see each other the day of the wedding. I just wouldn't see her while she got ready. She is upset about her family being here, I'm not really sure why though. I can see she wants her family to approve, even though she doesn't say so.

"Roman?" I hear a man's voice. I turn to see Levi.

"Levi, right?" He nods.

"My sister has been hurt a lot. I'm not going to threaten you, because she will make you regret it, then take you back." I was astounded at his words. Shocked.

"She loves you, I can see it. However, she won't hesitate to 'reprogram' you if you hurt her." He used air quotes. I'm still not sure how to feel. "Tell Sis, to let me worry about Mom and Mawmaw snapping. She just needs a happy day."

Levi left, and just left me speechless. I finally gathered myself up, and went to our room. Dia was soaking in the tub.

"Kitten, you brother just talked to me." I say from outside the bathroom. I still haven't seen her naked.

"What? Did he threaten you?" I laugh.

"No, actually he said you would 'reprogram' me if I hurt you." She laughed.

"He also said for you to not worry about Mom and Mawmaw, he will handle it." She nodded.

"Let's get to bed." She just nodded again. I shut the bathroom door for her, and got into bed.

Dia came and curled up with me. We have a king bed, but sleep curled up together, in the middle of the bed.

"Roman?" I hear Dia's voice.

"Hm?" I'm barely awake.

"I-I really do love you, a lot." Dia's voice sounded so fragile, and quiet.

"I really do love you too. I get to be your husband tomorrow, well later today. Sleep now." I kissed the top of her head. She nodded.  I fell into a deep sleep.