The Newest Tag-a-long

The sun is shining, blue skies are here, and if u happen have a keen sense of smell u could even smell the ocean. Should be the perfect day to get some work done right?

Ha ha, No.

No it's not.

I'm sweating bullets because Mother Nature has never heard of air conditioning, and that ocean smell is making me nauseous.

Can't bloody stand water.

Not to mention business hasn't particularly been blooming lately. I a weapon maker, (the best in the biz in my opinion) have no clients, and literally no known reputation whatsoever. So my amazing talent goes to waste every freakin day. Unbelievable isn't it?
   I move my hand in front of my face to block out the bright sun. "It's almost noon." I mutter with a yawn. I guess I should hurry to Balbadd before lunch. I get off my hammock that I'd been resting on and prepared to leave. Making a mental list of everything that I'd brought with me.
   "Notebook, check. Water, check. Money, check." I said as I was sitting down all of the items onto my hammock. When I was done, I pulled the edges of it up and tied it to make a sort of makeshift bag. All done, I thought with a small smile, glad that I'd successfully completed my task. I got up and took a long stretch, stopping when I heard a satisfying pop. "Alright," I said with a grin,"Off to Balbadd!"

————————————————————————————————————————————————

   Welp, it's been an hour and I think I can say that I am 100% without a doubt, lost. Gee, just when I thought I was finally getting the hang of this whole "being independent" thing. Civilization seriously can't be that hard to find. Can it? I finally decided that the best course of action would be to to take a small water break and figure out where I am. I sat down on the floor for a second and looked up at the sky.

  Hmm, I think the sun rises in west.....or was it east? Dang it Yaba what were you thinking sending me out here.

"Uuuuuuugh!!!" I groaned annoyed with my current situation. Ok ya know what? We're gonna guess.

I stood up and looked at both of the different trails I could go down. This is a big deal, so I needed to make a really educated, mature, and smart guess. I took a deep breath and began to chant......

Inny Meany Miny Mo, Catch a tiger by the toe, if you holler let it go my mama told me to pick the one right over here,

I looked at the path to right....Nope.

But Imma keep going and choose the one right over here.

  My hand was now pointing to the left, a bit more satisfied with my choice I went down that path.

After a bit more walking I was starting to worry if I had made the right choice in the end. Just when I was about to turn around and take the other trail, I heard laughing. I squinted my eyes to see ahead of me a bit better, in the distance there looked to be to silhouettes walking the same route I was. Finally, more humans I thought relieved. I started to pick up the pace and run to go meet them.
"Heeeeeeeey!" I yelled frantically, "Wait up!" As I got closer they looked to be a red haired girl (probably a fanalis) and another kid with blue hair. The fanalise seemed to have heard me yell the first time, because she stopped to turn around and look at me. When I finally caught up with the duo I was out of breath.
"Can I help you?" The red head asked after I had finally caught my breath. "Yeah umm, do you guys know the way to Balbadd?" I asked. Before she could respond the blue haired kid cut her off.
"Hey Miss, why does your hair look like that?" He asked curiously. The girl nudged him and after realizing what he'd said he started apologizing. I snickered at how flustered he was getting. "Calm down, It's not the first time that I've been asked that." I said reassuringly. They both seemed to have visibly relaxed knowing that I hadn't gotten offended.
My hair is a bit different than most people. It's a natural curly brown for the most part, but my ends are shiny silver. I've tried so hard to cover it with hair dye, but the next day they keep coming back. "It's a natural gene for my people, we all have it." I explained while scratching the back of my neck. "That's so cool!" He exclaimed with wide eyes.

"So umm, Balbadd?" I tried asking again hoping for an answer. The fanalis spoke this time, "If you keep walking down this path, Balbadd, will be straight ahead." She finished pointing down the trail. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Way to go my amazing intuition, I thought triumphantly.
"Hey Miss we're going to Balbadd too, why don't you join us?" He asked with a smile. "I don't know, I mean I'd really hate to be a bother." I responded sheepishly while glancing at the fanalis. "No no no!" He said while frantically shaking his head, "We'd really enjoy if you tagged along, won't we Morg." The fanalis just shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright." I finally responded giving in, and laughing when I heard his cheering. "My name's Aladdin," he said pointing to himself, "and this is Morgiana, but you can call her Morge." "Ray." I said with a small smile while pointing to myself.

"Let's go on an adventure together!"