Chapter Ten : Ruminate

Start from the beginning

"And Louis had a miscarriage today morning." Shawn added unhelpfully to the fellow Alpha's thoughts making Liam run his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"He'll be here in a few minutes and you need to tell him this," the alpha addressed, "I am positive if I do, I'll punch him through the process."

"He won't let you punch him through the process, he'll tear your hand off." Another voice gentled and a very fragile looking Zayn in dull black robes closed in, his mate was with a child too and had been vomiting his guts out every morning.

"How is he?"

"He is probably going to die if nothing works." Liam said crudely, annoyed at the discovery.

Zayn's eyes widened but before he could voice out even a word, an Alpha presence questioned, "Who is?"

With a deep inhale of air, Liam turned towards the source. Harry Styles stood there. He looked perfectly groomed in his burgundy robes with his hair neatly tied up in a bun but the bags under his eyes and the sudden loss of weight told a completely different tale. His eyes looked as though all the life which once resided in it had vanished without a trace, they didn't look determined, conniving or even alive.

"Omega Louis had a miscarriage this morning." Shawn disclosed fearlessly before the Emperor who's eyebrows twitched but expression remained thoroughly neutral. "We can deal with that later. How is his health?" Harry inquired ignoring the ground-breaking fact.

"If he doesn't wake up in the next four days, his death is inevitable." Liam supplied.

Rage coursed through Harry in a flash with surprise brewing underneath but before he could act upon it, Zayn intervened, "Harry, no!"

"Shawn. You better make it evitable!" He growled trying to reach out to him but was stopped by the Omega's person.

"You can't keep shouting at everyone around who are trying to help!" Zayn snapped at him. "Everybody here is worried, okay?! You aren't the only one."

"Then why isn't anybody doing anything! Why isn't he awake!?" Harry scowled with wrath embedded in his voice. "You listen to me Shawn, I don't give a two shit about how you do it, I want my Louis back in my presence."

"Your Highness," the Alpha gritted his teeth and sighed, calling out for patients, "He is an omega, regardless of his capability and strengthened immunity. He has survived high past the benchmark of average Alphas who are hit with the same poison but nothing we administer is helping him."

"Then search through your scrolls and your healers and bring him back."

"We are trying our best!"

"It's not your best if he isn't awake!" He shouted, again.

Shaking his head in dismissal, Liam intervened and diverted the origin of the source, escorting him away from the already angered healer.

The black haired omega looked at the clearly vexed Alpha who rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Shawn," he began, placing his hand on his clothed arm, "you cannot hold this against him." He advised, as though, he was aware of the taller man's thought process like every Omega knew. Their instincts were surprisingly much more accurate than most of the Alphas or Betas, often being the reason as to why Omegas were seers or astrologers.

"You've been serving Mischelin for a year, Shawn, so I wouldn't expect you to know about the finer details which run in the intimacy of these walls," he said conversationally, "but this isn't just a case of an Alpha losing his Omega, this bond they have runs much deeper than that, it's more severe than that of blood."