Chapter 25: Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

      I nod and go to Aiden's side. Beth opens her arms and looks at Aiden. "You too cutie. I know about you two, so stop pretending." She ushers Aiden over to her. They hug and she pats his back loudly. "Now hug each other, I want to see you guys close." She pushes me against Aiden's chest. He laughs while I sigh. "Alright Beth we get it. We gotta go now." I smile at her, and walk to Aiden's car. I get in and buckle up. "I like this sweater you have on baby. It goes good with your skin." He rubs his hand on my thigh. My body instantly reacts to his touch. "Thank you." I smile at him and move his hand on of my leg. "Let's go now."

    We get there and Aiden takes me to the back yard. That was where everyone was, all the little equipment for the little stage she was having set up. I saw Aiden's mom first, before I saw anyone else. She comes over and hugs me tight. "Nia, hi honey." I hug her back. "Hi Mrs. Thomas." I reply. "Thank you for singing for Avery. She really likes you." She tells me. I nod, "No problem, I like Avery too." Someone calls his mom away, stopping our conversation short. Aiden takes us over to the stage; he sets down his guitar and tests the mikes. "Testing, Testing, One Two Three." He looks at me for assurance. I nod, "I can hear you." He steps down and takes me by the hand. "Alright well let's go to the kitchen. I want some food."

     We go in the kitchen and sit there eating grapes. He was eating the red grapes while I was eating the green ones. "Try to shoot one in my mouth." He says. He passes me some grapes and opens his mouth. I throw in his direction. He moves his face trying to catch it, but it falls to the floor. "Damn, try again." He tells me. I get another grape and try again. Only for him to miss it, "If yall don't stop throwing grapes on this floor." Brenda comes in and frowns at us. We both laugh; I bend over to pick up the grapes.

     I almost had them all picked up when Aiden smacked me on the butt, making them drop. I spring up and turn around frowning at him. "Ow Aiden, what the hell?" He laughs, "I'm sorry, it was just out." I shake my head and throw the grapes away. I leave the room, pretending to be mad; because I know he will  follow me.

        "Nia." I heard him whine from kitchen. I quietly giggle. Ignoring him, I walk towards the back yard. I heard his footsteps coming towards me, I turn around and he lifts me up in his arms. "Oh My gosh." I laugh. "Don't be mad, I'm sorry." He says, close to my face. I was in his arms and his face was really close to mine. "I'm not mad," I tap his nose. "Alright, well then give your man a kiss." He puckers his lips at me. I shake my head, "No stop, you ruined it." I struggle to get out his arms.

    "Excuse me."  We hear. I finally get down from him and turn around. Standing in front of us, Aiden's dad. He was giving us this weird look, but it immediately erased when Avery came around the corner. "There you are Daddy." Her dad looks at her and nods "Are any of your friends here yet?" He asked. She shakes her, "Thalia texted me that she's on her way." He nods and takes Avery by the shoulder, taking her outside.

~~~

    The party has started and all of Avery's little friends are here. Aiden and I were set up, and he was sitting on a stool next to me, while I stood with a microphone in front of me. My armpits felt tingly and my stomach was tying in a knot. "Stop worrying, your gonna do good." Aiden said to me, trying to calm my nerves. "Hush." I whisper. He laughs. Aiden's uncle starts the music, playing the first song.

     At first I start out shaky, but eventually I see Avery smiling at me for encouragement. I finally flow through the words, singing like when it was just me and Aiden back in my room. Every time I would turn and glance at him, he would give me this silly look, making me laugh. I sing the last words and the song ends. Everyone clasps, Aiden and I bow. He tickles my waist and I squirm to get away.  His uncle gets him a microphone stand and he sets his guitar down. He stands next to me, and the music starts to play. His sings first,