20

In the empress dowager's palace.....

The servant ladies is graciously serving the empress dowager and gong zhu with their teas and pastries.

The smell of flower lingers around the quarter, the sound of guqin can be heard making the atmosphere serene.

The first to break the serenity of the moment is Hua Meiying.

"Tai hou... emperor cousin seems he does not want to see Meiying....does emperor cousin hate Meiying?"

Hua Meiying knew she is favored by the empress dowager. Among the emperor's lines of concubines, Hua Meiying is entitled to serve the emperor closely by the empress dowager's decree.

Especially since she was given the title gong zhu of the palace and seeing as her father is the left prime minister and her great aunt as the empress dowager.

The palace people serve her like she is the next empress because of her family line. Her arrogant personality is only known by her own servants or the people who she harmed. When she is in the presence of the empress dowager and the emperor, her personality turned into a hundred degrees becoming what is called as a white lotus.

Right now, she's really trying to make the empress dowager to order a decree to make the emperor come to her. She has been trying for years now which the empress dowager always helped her but the emperor is too stubborn.

"Meiying-er, aunt also wants to know why the emperor said he didn't want to see you...have you done something to make the emperor stay away from you?"

"N-no, great aunt. Meiying always stays good, father will vie for me if aunt wish to...." Looking like she is being wronged, Hua Meiying always know what to do to turn the tables up or down.

"hah...then the emperor needs to meet with us." The empress dowager signaled for her eunuch to come near.

"Xiao Hu, go to the emperor's palace and ask for the emperor to grant audience for his mother empress."

The said Xiao Hu is a eunuch close relative of Li Qun, he is also one of the trusted eunuch under Li Qun who provides information regarding the things happening around the empress dowager and the palace gong zhu.

As soon as the eunuch went to his errand, Hua Meiying complained to the empress dowager. "Tai hou..Emperor Cousin is choosing a male human as his empress... if Meiying is a gong zhu then what am I gonna do now in the palace if emperor cousin has his male empress by his side. Meiying will only live with father then...further, Tai hou also promise Meiying to Emperor Cousin...*hic *hic"

Hua Meiying's sobbing made the empress dowager to pity her. Her beloved niece is getting jealous of the emperor's chosen empress.

However she didn't know that the chosen empress by her son is a male, a human at that!

"Male?! Meiying-er, you should not slander the emperor."

"No! Tai hou, it surely is a male human... one of my servants saw the human came together with Emperor Cousin in the palace kitchen so Meiying knows it's a male because my servant guaranteed me that it's a male human."

Empress Dowager Xiu Ying stood up. "How outrageous! The emperor has been enslave by a demon temptress!"

Hua Meiying added wood to the fire "yes, if Emperor Cousin were to enthrone a male empress then there will be people who will go against the emperor."

The two royal woman march to the emperor's palace followed by their servants.

At the moment...

Wang Fushian and Li Qun together with Xiao Hu orchestrated a plan to divert the empress dowager's attention.

Wang Fushian already knew that the Empress Dowager have known that his chosen empress is a male human.

His mother can be easily swayed by her niece but as long as he is the emperor and her own son, she couldn't have sided with her niece now could she?

The three saw a horde of women marching towards their direction. Li Qun immediately walked to welcome the two woman.

"Does empress mother need something from this humble emperor?"

Wang Fushian directed his empress mother to a chair not giving a glance to his cousin.

"Emperor Cousin....."

"Hua Meiying Gong zhu, please...." Li Qun tried to offer the gong zhu with tea but what he got in return is a glare.

Hua Meiying stamp her feet and sat down near the empress dowager which made the two eunuch to narrow their eyes. Sitting beside the empress dowager is obviously telling everyone that she is the next in line for the empress title.

"Mother was told that your highness is being tempted by a demoness...Mother Empress is worried so she comes to see you together with your cousin."

"zhen see..." nodding then "But empress mother should also know that Zhen's chosen empress is Zhen's other half. Empress Mother should also know the implication of having Zhen's life span, yes?"

Empress Dowager Xiu Ying know what her son meant, so when she heard her son finding her life partner she gladly expressed her joy.

"Then this Emperor need not his Empress Mother's approval! The Emperor and His chosen Empress must have their wedding! Aiyo... Mother is happy for Your Highness."

Hua Meiying didn't like what she heard from the empress dowager so she tried to interject "B-but, Tai hou... Emperor Cousin having a male empress to the empire will surely the people to revolt over Emperor Cousin's decision of taking a male empress."

The Empress Dowager who is just beside Hua Meiying also thought of the possibility which will happen if the emperor were to take a male empress but finding your other half is not easy, it's quite lucky for her son to find his partner.

"Oh dear....Your Highness, your cousin is right. What if your subjects will turn their backs over you?...if that will happen then your empress mother's hardship all those years will go to naught..."

Hua Meiying's sneer is being hide under her hanfu so the empress dowager didn't saw it but it didn't pass the emperor's gaze.

"Mu Hou...Zhen's empress although he is male, he is quite capable. If Mu Hou worries for her grandchildren then you must not forget about Zhen's paternal cousin Zu Feng?"

"Y-yes,. But what if there were people who will turn against Your Highness."

Empress Dowager Xiu Ying earnestly worries over her son so even if the emperor found his other half, it will be pointless if her son's going to be overthrown.

"Mu Hou, the empire will stay as it is. What we should worry right now is how do the empire reduce the darkness spreading around to help Our people. Listening to other people who have no less empathy could put you through grief and anger."

Wang Fushian didn't want to embarrass his own mother by not stating the name of that being who kept telling unnecessary useless things to his mother just to earn something.

________________________________________________________

*Tai Hou or Huang Tai Hou = Empress Dowager/Great Empress

*Gong Zhu = princess/ imperial empress