90 | ACT VII, SCENE I

Start from the beginning

"Now look," Everard motioned us over to a round table, where he and the rest had gathered around a large painted map of Endollon. Llewellyn and Aidon moved to let Edwina through, her face stoic and impassive.

"The Titans are still chained in Seattoria," Nyx said quietly, her lips pressed, face drawn. "They will escape today - but it will be no easy feat. Especially Pandora and Zadicus. They lie in the Hall of Titans, chained and locked right in the heart of the wicked realm," she said, adjusting her fighting leathers, black in the dark of the night.

"Their six children are more than enough to wreak havoc," I said coldly.

"Right," Nyx nodded gravely, grim. "Do not take them for granted. Celicca and Quintus can hurt you without even lifting a finger. Romulus and Noire can manipulate your thoughts. Leora and Aries... well, you saw what she does," she shuddered.

"And Pandora and Zadicus are so insanely powerful that spilling even one drop of their blood will give rise to ten more soldiers," Everard breathed, inhaling sharply.

"So we go over our strategy once again. Our weak, the wounded, the women and children - they stay at Arcton Fortress."

"Half of them have already reached Vertgate," Cymbeline added, her voice soft. She tucked a lock of golden hair behind her ear, tugging at the folds of her dress. "Vivian is supervising - the remaining should reach around midday."

"And I will be leaving to go there as well," Emeline nodded. "With the rest of our supplies and the Grendel healers."

"And I secure the Fortress till the rest of the people get in. After which the Emmerson forces protect the base and I rejoin the battle. Right?" Edwina raised an eyebrow. She had been insistent about joining the fight from the very start, and no one had been shocked by her reaction.

"Right," Helios said. "Arcton will be our new headquarters. Vertgate is insignificant, but the Fortress is formidable. The Titans will not be going for it. Steffith is most likely to be attacked first - it could be in ruins by tonight. But Arcton is safer. And it won't be struck in any circumstances, Sarette has already cloaked it with another binding spell. Once the war ends, we reconvene at the Fortress to decide our next move. Clear?"

A chorus of agreements rippled across the table.

"Vivian, Rosalva, Amphitrite, Vanessa, Verona, Lunette, Halette, Therese, Olinda, Miriel, Dustin - they stay at Arcton and help with the wounded until Edwina secures it," Eric said firmly.

"And the vanguard stays at Steffith. You," I pointed to Apollo with a hiss, "Rowan. Deimos. Helios, Atherton and I. With a force of fifty thousand. The first to be struck will be the capital."

"As usual, you deem me unfit to fight alongside you," Emerick snapped from the corner, lips pulled back to reveal a set of sharp teeth.

"Your help is needed elsewhere," Edwina said pointedly, glaring at him. "You, Eric, Everard, Theodore, Nyx... the Everlys and the rest - you stay stationed across the other six kingdoms to deal with the remaining Titans if they decide to land there. Or have you forgotten the plan?"

"I forget nothing," he hissed, jerking a white finger at her. "Something you would do well to remember."

She nearly lunged for him right there, ready to break the table and tear his throat out with her fists. Irina pulled her back in time as I held her to the spot.