[Bakugou] In The Small Hours of The Morning

Comenzar desde el principio

"C'mon. It's getting late." He mumbled, pushing past her and making his way to the stairs.

Elevators were for chumps and losers, that was his philosophy.

[Y/n] didn't mind the longer route, humming to herself as she glided down the steps gracefully.

"Why are you so chipper?" Bakugou asked with a raised brow.

She shrugged and smiled a little.
"I dunno. I'm just... happy. That a crime?"

He clicked his tongue and shook his head.

[Y/n] was just glad that she was going out with her best friend; it was the perfect way to kick-start the weekend. She planned on asking if he wanted to study and play video games later.

Secretly, she hoped to 'accidentally' spend the night together again. It felt amazing being so close and vulnerable to him, even if they were just friends, and especially because he was a dick to pretty much everyone else.

They went to a local pancake house where she got Belgium waffles and he got a triple stack of pancakes "like a normal person", as he put it.

They talked about their class, classmates, upcoming events, and anything else that came to mind.

"'M glad you woke me up; I have chores to do and I wanted to work out and study-"

[Y/n] cut him off as she remembered what she wanted to ask.

"That reminds me! You wanna study together?" Her eyes were bright and expectant and Bakugou was a little taken aback by her intensity, which really said something.

"Uh, yeah, sure. We can hit the library later." He nodded and she continued.

"Afterwards, wanna play video games?" A small smile played at her lips and Bakugou faltered.

"I dunno, [Y/n]. Maybe. We'll see."

Bakugou just wasn't sure he should be spending so much time with her anymore. He's been feeling off around her lately and it frankly scared him, particularly after that morning.

"Oh... Okay!" [Y/n]'s heart felt a little heavy but she tried playing it off like it was nothing.

Was her friend getting sick of her?

Bakugou paid for breakfast and they parted ways at the dormitories to do their own thing. [Y/n] decided to do chores too.

She picked up around her room, sweeped and mopped, and scrubbed her bathroom. It took less than an hour since her room and bathroom weren't very big, and she sighed, letting her body fall on her bed.

'What to do now?'

[Y/n] wanted to occupy her mind and so she decided to go to the mall with Sero. He was in his room reading and didn't mind tagging along with her. They weren't really close friends, but close enough to hang out on a weekend.

"I've been wanting to look at some comics. Do you mind if we go to the bookstore?" He asked, his signature smile on his face.
[Y/n] returned the smile and replied, "Not at all!"

They sifted through tons of comics, showing the other copies that were particularly interesting.

What they didn't know was Mina spotted them from afar and had a devious scheme in mind.

She snapped a photo of them laughing about some stupid B-list comic and quickly sent it to Bakugou along with a text. She was looking to stir up trouble, and that she did.

Bakugou had long since finished his chores and was getting a workout in at one of the school's many gyms when his phone went off.

He assumed it was [Y/n], maybe saying she was ready to go to the library, but instead saw Mina's name on his lock screen.