Part I: Immortal Infatuation

The snow fell from the ominous grey sky, coating the cobblestone in pure sheets of white. The cold wind caressed my (s/c) cheeks like a ghostly hand. I released an inaudible sigh as I looked around at my surroundings. The usual sight greeted my (e/c) orbs; the streets were cluttered with mangled, dead bodies and the ill who were too far gone for any type of rehabilitation. This is what has become of the once proudly blossoming and evergreen country, England. Oh, my sweet England... I never would have thought the flu would cause you to lose your wit and integrity. I grimace slightly at the thought as I continued my journey to my small, but wholesome home. The keys jingled melodically in the pockets of my tattered dress. The dress was once (f/c) but it has faded since I bought it. Looking around, I noticed the weathered sign of The Turquoise Turtle. The once bustling pub that echoed with laughter and joy is now quiet and eerie. The owner, Tom Watts, has always been such a nice guy, despite the rumors of manslaughter. It seemed that everyone who lived in London had a major flaw. A good friend of mine, Dyson Delaney, was outside of the pub, drunk as always. I heard a burp escape his lips as he stumbled around carelessly. His brown eyes trailed to my small figure and a grin formed on his lips.

"Out so late, (Y/n)?"

"I could ask the same, Dyson."

"C'mon, you know I'm always here, drinking my life away," he laughed.

"You must take better care of yourself. I worry about you."

"Don't worry about me," he said, taking a swig from a bottle, "You should get home. Things have been unpredictable in these parts of town."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll see you another time, good friend," I smiled.

"Be careful. See ya."

After saying goodbye to Dyson, I continued my walk to my home. I longed to get under the warm covers of my bed; to relax. As the days go on, my body aches more from work. Working alongside Camellia is enjoyable, yet dangerous. Whitechapel was no better than The Docks; there was more sickness and corruption. I grew a variety of flowers in my home but my favorite is the (favorite flower). It is almost impossible to grow flowers outside due to the erratic weather conditions. I turned the corner and heard a shrill screech. Whipping my head in all directions, I tucked my (h/l), (h/c) locks behind my ears. In the middle of the street was a creature, not a man. It was a humanoid. The creature was crouched down in front of a body; a mangled, mutilated corpse that was half-eaten. Bloody flesh was in the creature's hands as it screamed at the top of its lungs. Biting my lips nervously, I took a step back to take another way home. Something snapped beneath my foot, catching the creature's attention. My heartbeat raced anxiously as fear coursed through my veins. It stood up menacingly and stared at me with an unreadable expression. The creature appeared rotting and unnatural. Open flesh wounds coated its body, as well as bruises. A vile, piercing howl escaped its decaying lips. There was only one thing to do; run. My feet did a pivot turn and carried me as fast as they could. Shaky breaths escaped my lips, as well as cries of help.

"SOMEBODY, HELP ME!!"

My cries were heard by none and ignored. I looked over my shoulder to see the creature running after me at a non-human pace. It was almost at my neck, reaching its arms out to grab me. A burning sensation greeted my arm, followed by a groan of pain. It had scratched me but not too deep. Luckily, I still had enough stamina left in me. Dodging it's attempt to grasp me, I pushed my legs to run faster. Tears pricked the corners of my (e/c) eyes. Was this really going to be my death? Why must it be me? Disregarding my thoughts, I focused on the route ahead of me. It was blocked off. My heart sank immediately at the unfortunate sight. Priwen guards had locked the gate for 'our own protection.' It wasn't the real reason; they wanted to imprison us in one area to flaunt their power. Reaching the gates, I bang on them desperately and scream for help.