Chapter 9; The Falling Princess

Flash quickly made his way towards Princess Twilight Sparkle's hall. Though the prince told him to guard both her and her friends, he found himself pacing in front of Twilight's door only.

Until he heard voices coming from inside. He wasn't really allowed to eavesdrop, but he found himself listening anyway. It can't hurt... He thought, as he pressed his ear against the door. Besides, what are the odds the the prince will find out?

"Aw, it'll be okay, Twilight! Just think happy thoughts!" He hear a small, cute voice say. There was a flutter, of wings probably, before a beautiful voice replied: "You need your rest," There was a pause before she finished: "I'll, um, go in a minute."

Soon soft snores could be heard from inside, and then the window opened. He knew, somehow, where this was going. There was another flutter of wings, and then silence. Flash opened the door just a crack, and peered inside.

"Hello?" He whispered, not really expecting an answer. To his surprise, a small voice replied: "Who are you?! Come in here so I can fight you, coward!" The guard pushed the door completely open so the small creature could see him clearly.

The creature was a baby dragon, with light green spikes on his back and purple scales. The dragon studied Flash for a moment, before speaking again. "Aren't you that guard Twilight kept bumping into?"

Flash stared at the ground sheepishly. "Uh, yeah. That's me. My name is-" The dragon cut him off. "Flash Sentry? I know. My name is Spike." The guard looked at him in surprise. "How did you know that?" He asked. Before Spike could reply, a scream could be heard from outside.

They both rushed over to the balcony, where they could see Twilight falling from the sky. Spike gasped. "Oh no. Flash, you gotta go save her!" Fear could be seen in the little dragon's eyes. Flash looked at the falling princess. "I will." With that, he took off into the sky, looking back to see Spike with a look of relief on his face.

Little did they know that that was the last time they would see each other.

Wow thank you guys so much for everything. Your all so awesome. So, here's the deal, I'm gonna be calling you my Bat Army. Don't judge, I love Batgirl and Batman. There's a saying that I know: Always be yourself.... Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman.