Things To Know Before Reading

In this story, Link was meant to pilot the fifth beast, however it rejected him. So he's just Zelda's appointed knight and the big hero chosen by the sword.

Because of the rejection, the royal family decided to seek out Reader's father, he and the king were good friends at one point so he was their second choice.

Stuff about the Reader:

Weapon of Choice: Quarterstaff

Weapon Name: Bond of Bark

Made by The Great Deku Tree

He took a tree branch and weaved roots and vines around it. Was gifted to Reader for the bond she shares with the koroks.

Where From: Zonai Village (aka the Zonai Ruins in the game)

Humid forest village, the villagers there specialize in stone craving, survival skills and fighting.

They look after the Spring of Courage

They usually keep to themselves, especially with all the monster activity and talk of Ganon arising. They're not use to having visitors.

Reader is the daughter of the village chief.

Reader's father is in his 60's with declining health

Do to her father's health, Reader hasn't traveled very far from her village. She's only been on a long journey once before and that was to the Korok Forest when The Great Deku Tree gave her her weapon. But do to her not being well traveled, Reader isn't really use to seeing other races besides Hylians.

Divine Beast: Vah Harune (ha-ROON)

A stylized canine looking beast, almost gator like

Rejected Link as it's pilot

In the game, all the champions (aside from Link) have an element that represents them (Example: Revali - Wind) If it wasn't obvious in the title, I've made the Reader's element Earth

Also, this is something I just wanna point out: It is said that Revali uses a confident exterior to help hide his insecurities. And upon further researching, I found that Revali responds better to determination and shyness. So I've chosen to write the Reader with a softer personality rather than a rash one. Someone who won't necessarily bark back at Revali when he makes his usual snarky comments.

That's about it, enjoy the story!!