Chapter 15

The Beast

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that I didn't do anything," Jack whined.

"I know you. Trouble finds you and you my friend love trouble. "

"I really didn't do anything."

"This is going to be bad if you are still protesting your involvement and I have yet to know what the issue is."

I saw Jack turn several shades lighter. Jesus, what the fuck did he do?
"Where's my phone?" I roared.

Jack looked nervously around the room. He picked hesitatingly at his bow tie. If he did not get to the point, I was going to be wrapping that bow tie tighter around his throat. Hell, if he got me in trouble with the asshole I would also be strangling him.

"Well..."

I closed my eyes trying to fortify myself. If I was honest with myself, closing my eyes did nothing but give me time to think of more ways to get rid of Jack. I know it was sort of wrong but truly the guy was always involved in my private life, and unlike Audrey, Jack and I were not related by marriage.

"I'm waiting."

"About your phone..." he gulped.

I swear time slowed down. I mean it really slowed down. It was as if every word Jack was saying took more then a minute to form. Maybe, it was all in my head and just maybe I was making a mountain out of an anthill. The only problem was that Jack didn't do things small. He had always been one of those "go big or go home" types. I highly doubt small was in his vocabulary. The man did not know the meaning of the word small. To further complicate things, Jack was the type of person that like to create waves. When I say waves, please think Tsunami. His waves were the type that could leave you stranded, desperate, and devastated. I gritted my teeth, "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?"

"We're talking about your SAA coach?"

"No, we're talking about Tinker Bell," I replied sarcastically.

Jacked blinked a few times. God, give me strength. I sometimes wondered how I managed to put up with Jack.

"You're being funny right."

I looked from Jack to Audrey's maybe husband (still debating if the marriage license was real). I couldn't decide who to deal with first. Who was I kidding, I didn't want to deal with either of them. What I needed was another drink. I just couldn't decide if I wanted the scotch before or after Jack told me his news.
I took a deep breath.

"You're not going to count again are you?" Jack complained.

Jesus Fucking Christ, he was begging me to kill him.
I took another deep breath. Shit that wasn't working either.

I banged my fist on the table. I saw Audrey's(shit what the hell was his name) man pet flinch. Jack started to back up.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Nnnnothing"

Another deep breath. At the rate I was going I was pretty sure I could be certified as a Lamaze instructor. I had the deep breathing technique down.
"You know Jack, it would go a lot better if you just tell me what you did."

I heard Jack gulp. Jack's eyes rolled nervously around the room. I saw him focus on a table behind me, in the general direction of the entrance.
I swiveled around in my chair. For a single minute, I couldn't figure out what had Jack's attention. It took another minute for me to comprehend what I was looking at. My brain was having a hard comprehending the data my eyes were sending. I couldn't blame myself because never in a million years would I have willing allow the asshole through my door.
The man sitting at the table was tall, good looking, arrogant and the bane of my existence. Next, to him, Jack was a minor irritation.

"Jack, please for the love of God, tell me that my eyes are playing a dirty trick on me."
I stood up and grabbed Jack by his collar.

"TELL ME THAT COACH DICKHEAD IS NOT IN MY CLUB." I roared. I was shaking Jack. This was a nightmare. This was going to be a disaster. Why was the asshole here?

"Uhm, yes I believe that is him," Jack mumbled trying to get out of my grasp.

"Why is he here Jack? Please tell me that you have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this? I really don't want to hurt you but I might not be able to control myself ."

"Okay, Okay, hear me out first."

The growl escaped before Jack could even complete his sentence. I was pissed. This night was going downhill faster than a freight train off its track.

"Why Jack? Why? Why is he here?"

Jack looked scared. In my book that was a good thing.

"We have a bigger problem than Coach Dickhead." He whispered.

Right, did Jack think I was going to fall for that shit? Nothing was a bigger problem than the asshole sitting by the door. I took another deep breath. Shit that was becoming a habit.

"Jack, why is my SAA coach here?" I said it nicely. I said it like a parent to a child. Well, at least I believe I did. It's not like I had a kid, at less, not one that I knew about.

"Jack, please explain it to me." Before I kill you, I silently added. I sound like every evil villain tempting the heroine to do something bad.

"But the other problem?"

"Jack, I don't care about the other problem. I want to know why he is in my club." I said pointing my free hand in the general direction of the front entrance.

Jack wiggled trying to put space between us. I couldn't blame him. He wasn't stupid. He just occasionally had some lapses in judgment. This was one of those lapses.

"He kept calling you."

I nodded my head, encouraging him to continue. "He kept calling you, even after I took your phone." He continued.

Well duh, Coach Dickhead could be very persistent. I had first-hand knowledge of this. My standard mode of Operandi was to ignore the asshole. Eventually, he gave up, his threats of reporting him never materialized. If he really did call someone they probably ignored the mother fucker just as I did. He probably annoyed everyone.

I nodded my head some more as that seemed to be helping Jack. All the time I was nodding my head, I kept telling myself patience is a virtue. I didn't have many of those. According to Coach Dickhead, it was one of my many major flaws/problems. He would be proud if he knew how hard I was working on this skill set. That he was indirectly responsible for this new skill made me incredibly angry.

"JACK" I shouted, I guess my patience had ended, "GET TO THE POINT."

"Well"

I clenched my fist.

"He didn't believe me when I said you were working."

I nodded my head again. At this point, I probably looked like a damn bobblehead. Short of strangling Jack, there was little else I could do. I was positive Coach Dickhead thought I was busy getting down and dirty. Honestly, if I was truly a sex addict, I probably would have been grinding my way to paradise. I let go of Jack, who immediately took several steps back and wrung his hands together. I started swinging my hands as he continued, "So when he didn't believe me"

Jack stopped abruptly. His breathing increased sharply. I didn't have to look over my shoulder to know someone was behind me. I could guess who was behind me. It wasn't just the widening of Jack's eyes. Coach Dickhead was like the Sith overlord in Star Wars, the dark energy of the force followed him. It was stifling, when one was in his presence. All hope of goodness seemed to flee to the darkest corner trying to protect what little core of hope remained.

Coach Dickhead's maleficent power hovered even closer. I could feel his fowl breathe on my neck. The back of my hair tingled. I straighten my shoulder, donned my nastiest smile (there was no use pretending that I liked the asshole), and turned around to confront the dark force that I had labeled Coach Dickhead.