"Tamam," Can replied, placing their entwined hands on his lap. "Have you had any ideas?"

"I was thinking... And I know it's not exactly cheap. But they haven't been out of the country since before Leyla was born, I thought, maybe, we could get them a trip somewhere. Just for a week or so." She looked at him, waiting for his reaction.

"I think that's a great idea." He nodded. "Did you have anywhere particular in mind?"

"I'm not really sure." Sanem shrugged. "Somewhere romantic..." She paused, chewing on her lip. "What about Paris? Or is that too cliché?"

"I don't know. I have heard Paris doesn't live up to its reputation on the romance front. Metin took his girlfriend their once, but after a few days they ended up traveling all the way to Luberon in Provence instead. She had fond memories of visiting there as a child and wanted to see it again." Can recalled. "I think if you want a trip to be romantic, it needs to be meaningful to the individuals." Sanem nodded, smiling as she remembered their honeymoon in the Galapagos. It wasn't the most beautiful of islands, but the trip had been so special to them.

Sanem settled back against his chest, trying to think.

"Where was it they went on their honeymoon?" Can asked.

"Bulgaria. But only because it was the furthest away they could afford." Sanem sighed. "They never really talked about the trip with much enthusiasm. They ended up finding a nest of rats in their hotel room." She finished, interrupted by the beeing of the oven, indicating that their food was done.

It was a while later, sticking her arms through the holes in her pajama top, that Sanem suddenly remembered a conversation she had had with her mother a few years ago. They had been watching a movie - based somewhere in the Italian mountains. Sanem's mother confessed she had always wanted to explore the Alps in the middle of summer. When the flowers were out. When the goats and cattle roamed the lush hills. Bells dangling from their necks - the echo of the chiming traveling for miles around. It all seemed like a beautiful dream. Sanem had agreed, and had been slightly heartbroken at the longing in her mother's voice.

Sanem smiled as she finished getting changed.

"Can, I know where we are sending them!" She called to the en-suite bathroom where he was brushing his teeth. Can poked his head around the door, the toothbrush sticking out of his mouth as he raised an eyebrow in questioning.

The next day, during their lunch break. Can pulled up a travel website on his laptop, they started browsing different options while eating lunch. Two days later they had booked the tickets. A two week all-inclusive trip that would take them to a few of the most highly recommended and stunning locations around the North of Italy. The whole thing refundable - just in case. Sanem was nearly jealous.

"They are going to love it, Can!" Sanem squealed, sealing the printed tickets and information brochure inside a signed card, which she tucked inside an envelope and hid in her sock drawer.

Thursday greeted them with a sudden drop in temperature. Sanem had been intending to walk around the park with Leyla at lunchtime. But she didn't have enough layers to keep the icy breeze at bay. They ate lunch in Leyla's office, but eventual Sanem became restless and decided to brave the weather anyway - only after stealing Can's coat.

"Do you think it will snow soon?" Leyla wondered, watching as her breath left a trail of mist in the air. Sanem's arm hooked around her sister's, as they strolled along the path.

"I hope so," Sanem said dreamily, staring up at the dark, grey sky. "But not before the heating is sorted. Our house will freeze." When Sanem glanced down again, she noticed a little grey cat had appeared from under a bush to their right. It was watching them, yellow eyes blinking slowly. Sanem had to say hello.

"You must be so cold out here my friend." She cooed, reach a hand out to the cat in invitation. "I hope you have somewhere warm to go." She spoke softly. The grey tabby crept forward, then nuzzled his head against Sanem's hand. It stayed for a moment enjoying the attention, before disappearing back under the bush. Sanem stood back up, taking Leyla's arm again - who had been patiently waiting for Sanem to finish introducing herself.

They continued walking. After a while, Leyla enquired about what her sister had planned for Mevkibe and Nihat's gift.

"It's a surprise," Sanem grinned. "I don't trust you not to tell them."

"You don't trust me?" Leyla pretended to be offended, slapping her sister's arm.

"Not with this. It's too important." Sanem shook her head. "I am so excited for them to find out. I don't want anything to ruin it." She beamed.

"It must be important if you won't even tell me." Leyla mused.

"It is. They are going to love it." Leyla watched the twinkling in her sister's eyes. Curiosity beginning to burn within her. But she knew her sister, there was no way she would wittingly reveal it, Leyla would have to be sneaky.

"Alright," She sighed light-heartedly. "Keep your secrets." Which made them both laugh.

They continued walking until Sanem stopped dead in her tracks. The air smelt sweet, a scent she recognised. Sanem dragged her sister around the corner to discover the familiar sight of a doughnut van. A man stood inside, wrapped up in layers of scarves and a thick fluffy coat. Sanem didn't know his name, but recognised his face. He was often in the park with the van, which had 'The Doughnut Man' written in big red cursive letters over the side. It's what she had grown to call him.

He smiled in recognition when he saw Sanem, waving to both of them as they made their way over. He hadn't been around for the last few weeks. Sanem had missed him; he made the best doughnuts in the world.

"Sanem, we just had lunch!" Leyla laughed as her sister unhooked their arms and peered through the van's display window, to where a batch of dough balls were being deep fried. Leyla had to admit, they smelt amazing.

"I know but I'm still hungry. And they look so warm." Sanem sighed. She ordered four. Then tried to convince Leyla that she would save two for Can - Leyla had a sneaky suspicion her sister might eat the whole lot.

"How do you eat so much Sanem? This is a lot even for you." Leyla joked. Sanem shrugged, looking a bit sheepish. Leyla stilled for a moment, watching Sanem bite into her first doughnut, leaving her with a patch of powdered sugar on her nose.

She really has been eating a lot lately, Leyla thought. Her eyes flickered down to Sanem's stomach. Not that she could see anything. Being mid-winter, Sanem's frame was hidden under layers of clothes and a coat.

Could she be...? No...

Is that the surprise?

--- --- ---

I started writing this after episode 25 so it sticks to cannon up to that point :)