Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I found Asha.

The words blurred before my eyes. My mobile screen was like a haze of colour. I felt light headed and I was almost certain my legs were shaking. There was absolutely no way Elle had found her. I refused to believe her. And yet, the words were there, albeit blurry, typed on the small screen.

"Miss, are you going to get out?"

Blinking in disbelief, I tucked my phone into my purse and smiled at the Uber driver. Hurrying out the door, I made my way up the long flight of rickety stairs to my flat, buzzing with excitement and confident that Isaac would already be there waiting.

Huffing, I reached the door of my flat, punched in the code and hurried inside. Isaac was sitting on the couch with his laptop open on his lap, its bright light shining across his face and a small, cute frown gracing his lips. I grinned.

"Isaac. Guess what happened?" I said, my voice coming out higher than usual as I sat down beside him and leaned on his shoulder.

"What happened?" He answered, putting an arm around my shoulders and squeezing me into him.

I felt nervous. Finding Asha was a dream I never thought would come true. Telling Isaac would only make that dream the beginning of a reality.

"They found her," I couldn't help but squeal.

"Found who?"

"Asha."

"What?" Isaac turned to me, a look of disbelief on his handsomely chiselled face.

"I know. They found her. I can't believe they found my sister. Isaac, this is so amazing, I need to go to her." The words all tumbled out of my mouth. My nerves were on fire and I couldn't stop the grin on my face from widening. My sister Asha was alive.

"Are you sure?" Isaac asked, his voice sceptical.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I'm sure. Elle's the one who found her. She said Asha was still in Nairobi."

"Elle?"

"The P.I I hired. They found her, Isaac."

"I, wow. I don't know what to say. Are you sure it's her? What if it turns out to be someone else? You don't even know what she looks like," Isaac said, a grimace on his face.

My mouth dropped open, "Excuse me? How could you say something like that?"

"It's just...it sounds too good to be true," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

I glared at him, clearly offended. Isaac had always supported me, in every little thing that I did. Why would he say such a thing?

"Whatever. I don't really care what you have to say. I'm leaving next week anyway," I said, pushing myself off the couch and heading towards the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, you're leaving without discussing it with me?" Isaac asked, coming to stand next to me.

"I just decided."

"How about we sit down and talk first? You can't make rash decisions honey," he said.

My hand tightened around the glass I was holding. "It's not a rash decision. This is the only lead I have and if someone is going to tell me that she's alive, then I will find her."