Chapter 9| Admitting

Ryder's POV

I close my book and sigh. Reading just isn't what I want to do I guess. I place my book beside me, careful it doesn't fall of the hill. Everything is so complicated now. There's so much to keep track of. Studies, my Dad, My...mom, this feeling I have for Will, it's so complex! Why can't things be like they used to be? A gust of wind interrupts my thoughts and sends me shivering. I knew I should've gotten a jacket. Just another episode of me being stupid I suppose.

"I thought you'd be up here," I hear Rachel's voice behind me. She moves my book and sits down beside me. I shrug in reply. "How are you healing?" She asks. "It's been a DAY Rachel!" I snap. Rachel looks surprised and hurt. I sigh. "Sorry, I'm just under a lot of stress right now," I try to sound as apologetic as I can. "It's okay. I know stress can be the absolute WORST," She says. I nod. There's a moment of silence.

"Will's really worried about you, you know," Rachel says quietly. I turn my head to her. "What?" I feel like I'm blushing. Rachel nods. "It really hurts him to see you like this," My heart feels heavy with guilt. "O-oh.. I had no idea," Rachel can see I feel guilty. "How were supposed to know?" She smiles. "Will really cares about you Ryder," I feel my face burn. "So don't ignore him... like other people would in your situation," I nod, grateful for Rachel's advice. "R-right..." is all I can seem to say. "I'm always right," Rachel smirks. We both laugh.

———————————————————————————————————————

Rachel's POV

My phone makes a noise. I take it out of pocket to see what it is. It's a text from Taylen.

Taylen: Hey, Rachel. Do you think you could help me? I need some advice...

Rachel: Sure Tay. What do you need help with?

Taylen: I may or may not have a crush on a really close friend... who's a girl

Rachel: Woah really? Who?

Taylen: Raven...

Rachel: Woah, I did not expect that of you. It's not a bad thing, obviously! I just didn't think you'd fall in love with her

Taylen: Well I have...

Rachel: Okay, so what do you need help with?

Taylen:You mean you actually want to help me? you don't think it's weird?

Rachel: Of course I want to help you Tay! And no, it's not weird. Personally, I've never done romance, but I think almost everyone falls in love with the same gender at least once in their life...I think... maybe?

Taylen: But most of the time with people it's a phase! What if this is just a phase? Then I'm just acting on something that won't work..

Rachel: Well, I'm no love expert, but I think with that phase, you think of your crush as your perfect person, but they aren't actually. What's your dream person?

Taylen: I think... I think my dream person is someone who's the opposite of me, but can still agree with me. Maybe someone who cares about people, and me of course. I don't know...

Rachel: Just give it some time. Maybe a month or two? How long have you liked her anyways?

Taylen: Around... ten months...

Rachel: Whoa, really? Ten months??

Taylen: Yeah... I got fed up on waiting, so only now am I coming out... I need ideas, I guess. I got to go.. cya

Rachel: See you, and, wow

I turn off my phone. "Wow," Oops. I didn't mean to say that out loud! "Wow, What?" Ryder asks me. "Um, nothing!" I say. Ryder raises an eyebrow. "Okay, it's not nothing. What it is is Tay's secret....And mine now too I guess," I fail at sounding firm. Ryder smiles. "Okay?" He says. I just smile. "It's getting late. I should probably be heading back to the dorm. Night Rachel," Ryder stands up, book in hand. "Okay. Goodnight Ryder,"

I start swinging my legs over the edge of the hill and smile. I never thought Taylen would like Raven in that way. I don't think it's much of a big deal, because I don't 'do' romance or relationships, but I still didn't expect it to be... what would it be? Raylen of Taven? Anyways, I kinda thought it'd be... Zaylen. I giggle to myself. Just because I don't like romance myself, doesn't mean I hate romance with others. Besides...I'm getting good at shipping!

Hiya Cuties!! Why are you reading this cringy book? I don't know what I'm doing tbh, but I'm glad you're enjoying it. Please leave a comment of what you think so far, or any ideas for this book that you'd like to see! I'm running out of ideas... Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Bai Cuties!! 😉❤️