Chapter 8|Help

Tw:mentions of death

Ryder's POV

"No! She can't be dead! She was healthy! She was young!" I argue. The headmistress nods and sighs. "I know, Ryder. Unfortunately, these things happen," I shake my head, refusing to believe it. "She was all the family I had left!" I almost scream. "Your father is still alive," The headmistress points out. "Maybe so, but he's in jail!" "Please Ryder. Sit back down," I slump back down in my seat, slamming my hands on the wooden desk, my face buried in my arms. Tears roll down my cheeks uncontrolled. "I'm sorry Ryder," the headmistress says in her annoyingly calm voice. "Can I just go back to my dorm?" I say through the tears. The headmistress nods, and I run out of the office towards the dorm. Tears stream down face, and I can't stop them.

As soon as I'm in the dorm again, I sit on my bed and bury my face in my knees. My vision goes blurry, but I can still hear the door open and someone talking to me. "Ryder?" I look up and my vision goes back to normal for me to see Will running over to me. He sits down on my bed beside me and wraps his arm around me. "Ryder, what happened?" His voice is gentle and his touch warms me. "My mom...she... she d-died..." Why do I feel like I can tell ANYTHING to Will?! Sure, I might have a crush on him, but that doesn't mean I'd tell him all my dark life secrets! I guess...I guess love does weird things to you. Besides, I already HAVE told him everything. "W-What? Ryder, I.. I'm so sorry," I can tell by Will's voice that he means it. He gently wraps his wings around me and dries away some on my tears, just like I did for him...

We stay in that position and I cry until I can't cry anymore. "She was all the family I had..." I manage to whisper. "Maybe we can adopt you. We practically adopted Taylen," Will tries to joke. I half smile. "You going to be okay?" Will asks, seeing that I've calmed down a bit more. I sigh. "I will, just... I'll just need time," Will nods. We stay a bit longer, until I start feeling tired. It is late, and it has been a big day I suppose. I yawn. "Tired?" Will asks me. I nod. Will stands up. I bite my lip. I kind of wanted the touch longer... "Well, I'm going to get something from the cafeteria. I'll be back in a second. See you," "See you," Will leaves the room. I yawn again. By the time he gets back, I'm probably going to be asleep.

Hiya Cuties! Hope you somehow enjoyed this chapter! I don't know why you're still here reading this because I don't know what I'm doing. I have no idea how to make things dramatic and just end up being cringy. Anyways, I hope you had an awesome Christmas and a great New Year's Eve! If you have any requests for a chapter, let me know, and i'll try to fit it in! See you later, my Cuties! Bai!!! 😉❤️