Chapter 2| The attack

Tw: Violence, blood

I wake up to the sound of rain. I smile, knowing that I won't have to do anything today...hopefully. I glance over at Ryder's bed, seeing its empty. He's not in the dorm at all. I frown. I'll give him a text later, I just hope he's safe...

My thoughts trail of to memories of last night. A shiver is sent down my spine. Then my thoughts turn back to Ryder, and somehow I feel warmer, despite the AC. I don't really know what it is, but something about him makes me feel safer, happier, and, well, better. He's always there for me when I'm not well, upset, whenever. I just wish he knew how much I appreciate his company.

I sigh, the truth hitting me. I think... I think I might have a crush on Ryder. Well, to be fair, the truth hit me a while back, but I didn't really believe it. Now, I'm sure. Does he feel the same way...? No, probably not. I must be going insane.

I pick my book off the floor. Maybe reading will get my mind off of things. Before I can even find my page, my phone beeps. I groan and pick it up to see who it was from. The name pops up on my screen. Ryder. I instantly regret that groan. I open up Messages and read his text.

Ryder: Emergency, girls dorm, now please.

That doesn't sound good. I hope it's nothing to do with Taylen. She's been through

so much this year, and I don't want her to ...break. Ouch, that was hard to even THINK. I quickly get dressed (including a jacket) and make my way to the girl's dorm.

When I get there, Taylen, and Rachel are standing anxiously by the stairs leading up to the dorm rooms. I get confused seeing as Ryder isn't here. I walk over to Taylen. "Hey Tay," I greet her. "Hey Will..." she replies, not lifting her gaze. "What are you doing here?" Rachel asks me. "Ryder sent me a text saying there was an emergency here?" I say confused. "Ryder? I haven't seen him here..." Taylen says, turning to me. "That's odd..." Rachel admits. Taylen nods and quickly grabs my arm. "One second Rachel. Private talk." Rachel nods and Taylen drags me to the other side of the room.

"Okay, what is happening?" I ask. I am just super confused. Taylen sighs and looks at the floor. "I don't know if this a hundred percent, but..." she bits her lip. "You won't get mad, right?" She asks me quietly. "No, I won't.. Where are you going with this?" I reply. Taylen hugs herself. "Again, I don't know for a hundred percent, but... I.. I think I might have a crush on Raven..." Her words hit me like a brick. "What?!" I ask, unable to fully believe her. Taylen goes all turbo mouth on me. "WellIDontKnowIfThisIsBlindLoveOrAPhaseOrWhatButIDoKnowIhaveSomeFeelingsForHer," she finally gasped for air. I stare at her. "Okay, okay. Slow down. I understand, but what I don't understand is why everyone is standing by the stairs and..." I hold up my phone to show the text from Ryder. Taylen winces. "I don't know about the text from Ryder, but..." she trails off, then continues after catching her breath. "I asked Raven what her thoughts on bisexuality was, and she ran up to her room," Taylen looks upset. "I didn't mean to upset her! I didn't-" I cut her off. "It's okay. Maybe she was just nervous," Taylen perks up a little. "Maybe! Thanks Bubba" I smile and we walk back to Rachel.

"Any ideas how to get her down?" Rachel asks us. "Pretzel?" I joke. Taylen punches me. "Ow!" I exclaim. "A pretzel stopped her from attacking Finn so...?" Rachel and Taylen just shake their head at me. I tried. I take out my phone and text Ryder.

Will: I'm at the girls dorm, and you're not there.

Ryder: Behind. Quick

I turn off my phone. "I'll be right back.." I say to Rachel and Tay. I run out of the dorms and go behind them. What I see sends tingles down my spine. What I see is... Horrible. Ryder getting pushed against the brick walls, knife on his throat. The person holding the knife? The same figure I saw last night. I don't waste a second.

I charge and tackle the dark figure and pin him to the ground away from Ryder. Ryder falls off the wall and passes out. I scratch the figure's face, drawing blood. He yells angry swear words and tries to get up, but I hold him down. I glance at Ryder, and see his head is bleeding.

I glare at the figure and grab his neck collar. "You mess with him or anyone in this school again, you're messing with me. And I'll do a lot worse then a little scar," I threaten him, secretly dialling 911 behind my back. "Okay, Okay!" The mans voice is raspy and chokey. "Just let me go!" "I'll let you go to jail," I say simply. I give the information through the phone, and soon cops arrive.

While the cops arrested the man, I sat down beside Ryder. His head was bleeding badly, and there was a cut on his throat. My eyes sting with tears. I hate seeing him so hurt. I rest my hand on his shoulder and let small sobs out. A police woman walks over to me and starts his head. "Yeah, it's hurts me to see him like this too," she says to me. I try to smile. "You must be Will?" She asks me. "Yeah... how did you know?" She smiles and looks at Ryder. "My son just won't stop talking about you,"  

    Hiya Cuties! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. There's going to be a lot of drama coming up from Ryder's perspective, so get ready for that! Please let me know if I made a spelling/grammar error, and if you have a suggestion for any chapters, feel free to tell me in the comments! I'll try to reply to every comment. My parents just got KFC and i'm Super hungry, so i'll see you later! XD See you my Cuties!!😉❤️