Chapter 1|The run

TW: scary, i guess?...no actually not really

Will's POV

      I glance behind me out of instinct and see the black figure break into a sprint. I run. A black van with tinted windows rolls up beside me. I somehow  manage to outrun it and keep sprinting. My wings ache and so do my feet, but I keep going. My lungs are gasping for air, but I don't stop. The sound of the van's engine stings my ears. I spot campus up ahead of me, the only place i'll be safe. Actually, the van can still go on campus, and the boy's dorm building doors are automatic until curfew. The only safe place is really my dorm. I'm the only person who has the key, apart from Ryder, of course. 

   I'm finally on campus grounds, and the boy's dorm building is right in front of me. I can't breathe but t I can't stop running either. I run inside the dorm building and immediately head for the stairs. Even if the person isn't following me anymore, I don't want to take any chances. Thankfully my dorm is right next to the stairs. I open the door and run inside, locking the door behind me. I hope everyone else is safe.

      I let myself fall onto the floor, my back to the door. I can finally breathe again. A soft tear rolls down my cheek. I'm scared, I hate to admit it, but I'm scared. My vision goes blurry, but I can still hear someone talking.

        "Will? Will, are you okay?" Ryder. My vision suddenly becomes normal again, and I can see Ryder kneeling down beside me looking concerned. He puts a hand on my shoulder and tries to dry away my tears. I blush slightly. "Will, what happened?" My vocal cords won't work. "I...I.." is all I can make out. "Hold on a second," Ryder stands up and grabs something off his bed. "You're shaking. Calm down a little, you're okay," he wraps a blanket around me. I  definitely blushing now. Ryder sits beside me and wraps his arm around me too. Yep, definitely blushing. 

    We stay in the same position for a while, until I can catch my breath and speak. "Thanks.. Ryder," I say. Ryder looks at me. "For what? He asks. "Making sure I'm okay," I say simply. Ryder smiles. "What happened anyways?" I sigh and tell him the story. 

     "Woah...I'm so glad your okay. That must of been horrorfying," Ryder says it strangely. "Yeah, definitely not something I want to happen again," I say, half joking. Ryder stands up and chuckles nervously. I blush again. He's so cute... "I'm going to get some sleep," Ryder says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You gonna read?" I smile and stand up. "Yep. You know me too well," We both laugh. "Okay, well, good night," Ryder says to me. "Night.."

Hiya! Hope you enjoyed my first ever chapter!! Please let me know if I made a spelling/grammar error, and tell me some suggestions in the comments! I'll read and try to reply to all of them. I should be able to update tomorrow, so i'll see ya there Cuties! BAIIIII!!! 😉❤️