the love triangle

will loves mike.

he has ever since the first day of kindergarden, from the second he first laid eyes on him. he remembered when the boy first approached him, he could've sworn his face heated up. since that day, their bond started to grow stronger and after everything that happened with will and the upside down, they'd grown even closer. mike's very overprotective of will. he doesn't want to lose him again. will feels safe when he's in mike's arms, even when he's shaking and afraid after one of this horrifying nightmares.
will's always thought the other boy was pretty, he's always thought the boy was kind, he's always thought the boy was perfect, but he knew the taller boy never thought about him the way he did.

eleven also loves mike

she's appreciated everything that mike's done for her. from the day she met him, she knew that he was special and as she got to know the boy, she discovered she was right. her favourite memory has got to be when they danced together at the snowball. no matter what happens, she told herself that she'd never forget that night.
eleven's always likes it when the boy called her pretty, she likes it when he kissed her, she likes it when he held her hand when she was frightened, but she's discovered lately that mike's been acting different.

mike's doesn't love eleven anymore

don't get me wrong, he still loves eleven, a lot, but he thinks he just likes her as a friend. he's started to fall for someone else.
will byers.
whenever he talked to the smaller boy, he felt butterflies form in his stomach. whenever he held will in his arms, he felt his face heat up. he loved everything about will. he loved his beautiful eyes, his hair that he'd love to run his fingers through, his smile that could cheer mike up in a second.
these are the things that made mike realise he's in love with will byers.