caught

fourth period, maths, possibly will's least favourite subject. it's not that he didn't like the teacher or anything, he just couldn't do maths to save his life. even so, he paid full attention in this lesson, hoping that'd he'd somehow understand. well, when i say he paid full attention, i mean no attention. most of the time, his attention is on mike wheeler.

mike wheeler, one of the most popular boys in school. will has known mike since kindergarden. despite this, they've never really talked to each other. maybe mike would occasionally ask will for the answers to questions in class but he would then go back to talking about the new tactics in football with his friends, dustin and lucas.

will was a sucker for mike wheeler. i mean, how couldn't you love him? he loved everything about him. from his beautiful smile to his gorgeous eyes, will just thought he was perfect. the only thing will hated was the fact that mike didn't even know he existed anymore, but little did will know, the other boy felt the exact same way.

mike wheeler? liking some weirdo? his friends thought he was crazy for it. they didn't care it was a boy, they cared because it was will, but they let it slide. mike didn't mean for anyone to find out, he didn't want anyone to find out, they kind of figured it out themselves.

mike had known will since kindergarten. he's always noticed the smaller boy's been on his own, but he's never talked to him. everyone seemed to hate him, even thought they'd never gotten the chance to talk to him properly. he thought it'd change the way people saw him, he thought people would start to hate him. because of this, he admired will from afar. he thought it was adorable how he'd laugh at his jokes, he loved the way will looked at him, even though he turned away when mike caught him. he thought the other boy was perfect.

mike never really paid attention in maths, same as will. he normally focused on the boy that sat two rows in front of him, on his own, talking to nobody. each time the smaller boy turned back, mike became even more flustered than before, thinking that maybe the other boy feels the same as him.

"hey mike, why do you keep looking over there all the time?" questioned dustin, sending his friends into a fit of giggles. mike and will both felt heat rushing to their cheeks. mike didn't say anything, to embarrassed to say anything back. will turned around to see mike looking down at his work, blushing like an idiot to himself, his friends laughing at him. will smiled to himself as he turned back around, wondering whether mike was staring at him or not, wondering whether mike felt the same way. oh how oblivious the two boys were.