glasses

wills pov

monday, possibly the worst day of the week. mostly because we go from a calm and relaxing weekend to writing 500 word essays literally 1 hour after opening my eyes. the only thing i was looking forward to was seeing one of my best friends, max mayfield.

i never get to see max on the weekends. she always goes to stay with her mom on the since she moved out when she was little.

max is such an amazing friend, and just an amazing person in general. she accepts me for who i am, she doesn't judge me like other people would...and by accepts me, i mean she accepts the fact that...i'm gay. she's also the only person who knows. not even mike wheeleer, the person who knows me the best, knows.

as i walked into school, i saw troy and his friends circled around the entrance into school. a state of panic fills me as my eyes suddenly met the floor. hoping none of them spotted me, i quickly turn around, heading around the back, not wanting to make an early encounter with harrington.

i made my way into the canteen, noticing max standing over in the corner, eyes fixed on the notice board.

"hey max!"

max turned around quickly, her cheeks flushing red.

"h-hey will, how was your weekend?"

"fine, what were you looking at?"

i looked at the notice board, seeing a fresh piece of paper pinned to it titled "school production".

"were you going to sign up?"

"y-yeah i g-guess"

"you should! i bet it'd be fun. and, i've heard that girl you like, jane, is doing it too"

max quickly picked up the pen attached and scribbled her name down. she flashed me a quick smile as we began to walk to first period, maths.

i sat down in my seat, talking to max about her new glasses she'd got over the weekend. suddenly, max pointed behind me, only for me to turn and see mike, sitting down next to me.

"hey guys!"

"h-hey mike" i replied, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"cool glasses max! when did you get them?"

before max had time to answer the question, he quickly took the glasses out of her hands and put them on.

"how do i look?"

i couldn't help but laugh. he looked so cute. max started to reach for the glasses sitting on the edge of mike's nose, making me laugh even harder.

"your going to hurt your eyes mike! give them back!" max exclaimed.

"but they look good on me, right will?"

i laughed a little, hoping mike couldn't see the heat that had rushed to my face.

max was finally successful and set the glasses down on the desk, hoping mike wouldn't take them again. me and mike looked at each other for a moment. mike started to giggle. i love his laugh so much...i laughed too, suddenly looking away, both our faces coloured red.