Chapter 11

L's pov

I woke up but still had my eyes closed, it felt cold so I moved my hand to an empty spot on the couch where Light should be. I opened one of my eyes slowly, letting in the bright light from the room.

It burns

I decided to open my other eye. The room seemed brighter than normal. The TV was on but there was no sign of Light to be found. A few minutes later the door creaks open and all I can see is brown shaggy hair. "Light?" I say still laying down, there was no response. I sit up frantically and look behind the couch but nothing was there, I turn to the front and i'm met with two sparkling brown eyes. I jump at this sudden action, "Good lord, what are you? A ninja?" He laughs a little, "No."

Ugh, I hate being scared like that..He needs to be punished. ;)

A small grin appears on my face. "What are you smiling at." He tilts his head and raises one of his eyebrows. "It's nothing. Do you know what time it is by chance?" I ask getting up and stretching. "It's..." He looks at his phone, "8:30." (am) I walk over to the kitchen and open the cabinets and grab a glass. Turning on the faucet, I fill my glass up with the running water and take a sip. I turn around to see that Light is laying on the couch watching the tv, partially falling asleep.

He's been off the past few days, I wonder what's going on.

"Oh!" I say setting my glass down. Light jumps a little and looks over at me confused, "What?" I just stare at him, "I don't have a passport yet, I was thinking about getting one today but totally forgot." 

"Hmm? Oh yeah, why don't we go do that together?" He gets up and turns off the TV. The post office was about a mile or two down the road. Light walks over to me and grabs my hand, "Let's go." Then he smiles at me, that smile kills me every time.

~walking down the street~

It was really nice to be able to walk with Light like this, but I can't tell where they're coming from. I just want to enjoy this sunny day with Light. The closer we get to the post office the more I feel the eyes staring into my soul. I walk a little closer to Light, he looks at me a little confused but he then puts an arm around my shoulder. 

Just a little further

Before we enter the post office someone grabs my arm. I let out a small scream that startles Light and turn my head in the direction of the person grabbing me. My eyes widen when I see who stands before me, "So this is why you guys are always wanting to be together. I can't believe this." Behind us stands a baffled Mr.Yagami rubbing his neck and sighing, "I knew you guys were this close, but not THIS close." Light turns around to face him and slowly takes his arm off from around my shoulders. He looks really flustered and a little scared.

"Yes, it is true that we are close as friends but would it kill you if we were to be closer?" Exclaimed Light. His father just stared at him, "I expected more from you Light, especially from you L." I slumped into an awkward ball and looked to the ground. "Dad, our relationship really doesn't concern you. I didn't tell you about it because I knew you would be this way, now if you don't mind, we'll be taking our leave now." Light took my hand and stomped in the direction of the post office.

"I'm sorry about him, he's always been like this," He starts to slow down his pace, "Either way, we are going to be together whether he likes it or not." A smile starts to creep on my face.

We walk into the post office and walk up to front desk. The lady working the desk greets us with a big smile, "Hi, how may I help you today?". I nudge Light who seems distracted, "Oh um, we need get him a passport," he points at me. I just nod slightly, "Well, lets get your picture and get everything in order. Shall we?" She leads me over to a chair in front of a solid white background. "If you could just take a seat right here and i'll get everything ready." I cautiously sit in the chair and start to put my feet on the chair. Light looks over and me and shakes his head in disapproval.  Taking my feet off of the seat, the lady asks if I'm ready. I reply with a yes and she starts the count down, "3...2...1..." *Click* "Alright, everything should be in order now. I'll have them mail it to you whenever it's ready." She gives off a vibrant smile as I thank her. "Have a nice day." says Light as we leave the building. She waves at us, "You too."

"That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." I said to Light. He just smiles, "You're just awkward is all." He isn't wrong though, before I met him I was always cooped up in my office working on whatever needs to be worked on. I never really had any social interactions except for the people that would stop by every once in a while. I take Lights hand and squeeze it, "Thank you." Light looks at me confused, "For what?" I just look at him and smile, "For becoming a big part in my life."

~~~~~

I hope you guys like this chapter, the next chapter will be up Wednesday! I actually have a question for you guys. Would you like me to add some smut? I mean I kinda feel like I know the answer for this but you never know.  ('ゝз・)─☆

Anyways, I love all you little peanuts and I hope you have a great day. (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)