The Hunger Games- Madge

I wake up. My bed feels so warm and cozy I don't want to get up. I stay in bed until I hear my mother's screams from her horrible headaches. I want to yell at her "SHUT YOUR YAP! THE PILLS SHOULD BE WORKING!" But, I don't. It would only make the headaches worse.

I don't have very many friends. Its probably because I creep people out. It seems that the only people that talk to me is Katniss Everdeen or Gale Hawthorne. That is only because they bring me strawberries. At lunch I usually sit by Katniss too. We don't talk. I usually just look at her in a stalkerish way. She don't notice though. She's too busy scoffing down the food the school gives her to care.

When they bring me the strawberries, I usually just throw them away. No one in this family even likes strawberries. I just get them to look at Gale. His face, his abs, his butt. They are so perfect. I'd tell him but, he's one of the only people that talk to me so I let him be.

When I finally get out of my bed, I walk into my bathroom. I wash my face with a wet cloth first. "Scrubby, scrubby, scrub your face, scrub it everywhere. Then rinse the cloth and scrub some more. Now you don't look like a bear!" I sing as I wash my face. I get every crevice. The cloth feels so good on my skin. 

I climb into the shower then and wash my hair. Since I'm one of the wealthier people I have a shower, and a bigger house. I feel the warm water on my skin. It rinses my pores and  feels so good. I then bring my hands up to my hair. It feels so smooth. I shampooed yesterday so I just have to condition it. I get the conditioner and squirt some into my hand. I then put it in and then rinse it out. I wash every other part of my body then I step out of the shower grabbing a towel and a robe. I put my hair up in the towel and put my body in the robe. I don't want to mess my hair up so I decide to put on my clothes first.

I open up my closet door and I instantly see a white dress. It looks absoulutly beautiful. I grab it faster than a kid getting candy. I put the dress on and then let down my hair. I examine it in the mirror. I take a brush and brush my hair out. Its still a little wet by the time I'm done brushing it so I take my mother's hairdryer. I plug it into the wall and then remember. There's no electricity. So I run around the room to dry my hair. 

When I'm sure my hair is completely dry I brush it out again and let it down. I try it up in a bun and I just look plain ugly. So I take it down. Then I try a side pony-tail and it looks really ugly. So then I put it up in a braid. I look so much like Katniss Everdeen. I grab a pencil and a rubber band and try to shoot the pencil across the room. "Pew, Pew, Pew," I say as the pencil falls to the ground. I look down at the pencil and then walk back to my mirror. I take the braid down and then look at my hair now. "Perfect." I say to the mirror. I leave my hair down. Then I tie a pink ribbon in it. 

I go over to my nightstand and open the drawer up. I dig around in it. I'm looking for my Mockingjay pin. I find a necklace. "Nope," I say as I throw it across the room. I dig some more and find a coin. "Not this either." I throw that across the room too. I finally find it and put it on my dress. Its a bird with a circle wrapped around it. Its clutching an arrow. I then get on my bed and jump off. "I believe I can fly!" I sing. Then I start singing "I'm a believer!" They're old songs. I sometimes think I'm a bird. But then I realize I don't have wings. So I stop thinking that.

 I hear my Mother telling me to shut up. I then decide to be louder. If she wouldn't shut up earlier why should I? I then scream and I hear someone walking up the steps. I run into my bathroom and lock the door behind me so that she can't get in. I stand in my bathtub and start to dance. I think I would win a dance off if they hosted one.

I finally don't hear my mother anymore so I go out of the bathroom and decide to be real quiet. She finally stopped being so loud with her headaches. "Good," I say in a whisper. "Now I can hear the voices again." When I go downstairs to make a sandwich I hear a knock at my door. "Oooh!" I say grinning. "Peacekeepers." I've always been fond of them. They like to talk to me in nice sweet voices that are very slow. They call me special too. I have no idea why.