Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Percy

It was after school on the last day of school. He and his group of friends were all sitting in a circle on the floor in the library, regardless of the dirty looks and detentions from various teachers.

Why? Well, it was of course time to exchange Secret Santa presents!

Piper obviously couldn't wait to get started.

"Okay! We'll all take it in turns to open out presents to be fair, stop pouting Percy!" I glared at her but stopped pouting, "we'll start with Jason, and go round and end with me! Cool?"

We grinned back at her. Her excitement was contagious, and it was Christmas after all!

Jason leaned forward and started looking through the gifts, searching for his. It was rather awkward to watch, as he couldn't move his leg. He finally pulled out a hastily- wrapped present. He opened it quickly, and we all started laughing as he held up a Superman costume. Jason had tried to hide his love of Superman, but such things are hard to conceal from Leo, and Jason was stupid enough to live with the guy. Leo probably was the one to get Jason that. Jason also got a rugby ball.

Next was Leo, he grinned manically as he teared up his present. It looks like someone got him one of those robo- dogs made for kids. Leo loved it.

Calypso got gardening tools and flower seeds, which seemed strange to Percy, but she was ecstatic.

Hazel opened hers carefully, as to not rip the wrapping. She was given a beautiful neckless which had lots of jewels on it. It probably wasn't real, but she didn't care and put it on straight away.

Frank got a panda onsie that looked extremely comfy, and some lactose intolerant chocolate. It looks like someone dashed out on him. He wasn't complain at all.

Grover and Juniper both got a set of pipes each, go figure. Those too were so perfect for each other.

Reyna got new boxing gloves, in purple and gold. Dakota got two packs of Kool Aid. We all cringed at how hyper he would inevitably get later on.

Finally, it was Nico's go. Percy bit at his lip piercing, nervous at what he would think. Nico opened it quickly with an excited glint in his eye. Percy had to bite back the urge to tell him off for ripping up the wrapping. That had taken him ages. Nico held up the box set. It was of seasons 1-8 of Supernatural. Nico had heard of it and always wanted to watch it, but the small TV in his room didn't get Sky, and his foster siblings always hogged the downstairs living room TV.

Nico's smile rivalled that of Leo's. He slowly turned to me, narrowing his eyes slightly, but still grinning.

"Percy..."

"Yes..."

"Thanks."

"For what?" He put on his most innocent face.

"The gift."

"How did you know that was from me?"

"No- one else knows I want to watch Supernatural."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Do you like it?"

"Eh. It's okay, I guess."

Percy glared at Nico, then leaned forward and kissed the little bugger. It was a helluva good kiss, he never wanted it to end, but unfortunately he had jackass friends, who were making retching noises in the background. Rather reluctantly, he pulled away.

"About time. Now open your present now before I make you." Piper was getting impatient, having to wait 'till last for her gift.

"Okay, okay. Sheesh. Calm down you guys. It's Christmas!"

He grabbed his one, which didn't take long since their were only three left. He opened it hastily, and had the shock of his life when he found a bottle of lube laying on a maroon t- shirt. He chocked, and he's pretty sure Nico did too.

Every one sat in shocked silence, before Percy picked it up and lobbed it as hard as he could at a grinning Jason. It hit him in the stomach, because Percy wasn't mean enough to aim at his head, and Jason fell over onto his side with a graceful 'oof'.

Everyone was rolling around in laughter. Well, everyone bar Hazel, who obviously didn't get the joke: she was to innocent, Nico and himself. The later two were both blushing like tomatoes.

"Jason. Please tell me you didn't go out and buy lube for a joke! What if someone you know saw you!"

Annabeth made a very good point, which caused he and Nico to join in the laughter. Frank was whispering in Hazel's ear, presumably explaining what a lube was. Her eyes widened comically and she gasped, one hand on her chest, the other fanning herself rapidly. That caused even more laughter. Percy could feel his six- pack toning more.

Jason recovers himself, then threw it back just as hard. Percy ducked, and it flew over his head, and hit the table leg of where none other than Mrs Marston was sitting. The whole group gasped and held their breath as she leant down and picked the lube up. Her eyes widened when she saw what it was, and her head snapped up to where they were sitting. More precisely, in fact, to him and Nico.

She was about to go into full- on rage mode, when Paul Blofis, another English teacher alongside Mr Brunner, and more importantly, Percy's step- dad, walked up to her, as he had been on library duty, cleared his throat and said: "excuse me, but that's mine."

Percy froze, as he had just been in the motion of getting up and running for his life. What did he say?

"Pardon, Paul?" Mrs Marston looked as confused as he felt.

"That," he said, pointing at the lube, "is mine. Could I have it back, please?"

"But- but- I thought- Jackson boy-"

"Who is my stepson. It's not what it says it is, merely Vaseline, comically labeled by one of his friends, no doubt. I lent it to him, seeing as his lips have gotten chapped from the cold. No can I please have it back now, if you are quite finished."

Mrs Marston handed the 'Vaseline' over to him, and he walked over to us, and dropped it in my lap.

"Merry Christmas children."

And just like that, he walked off. We were all gaping like idiots for a second, then Leo composed himself and said "what a lad."

We all nodded in agreement, and he looked at his other gift, the maroon t- shirt. It had a picture of New York on it. Percy has always wanted to go there, and Jason sure as hell knew that.

"My go!" Annabeth, eternally impatient, grabbed her present from the two remaining. It turned out to be a bracelet with different charms on it. Percy saw owls (her favourite animal), books, buildings, baseball caps (Annabeth had an army of them) and other of Annabeth's favourite things.

She grinned and put it on with help from Piper.

"I love it!"

Percy noticed Nico smiled and looked down.

"You got her that, didn't you?" He murmured in his ear.

"You'll never know." Was his response, but Percy got his answer. He wrapped his arms around Nico and pulled him close to his side.

Piper, finally, opened hers, which was an iTunes voucher and a turquoise top with a dove on the front. She loved them.

So, after that, they all shoved the impressive amount of wrapping paper into the bin, and sat round chatting, making plans for the holiday. Percy and Nico carried on with the kiss that had been rudely interrupted by their friends, and Percy couldn't help but feel optimistic. It was Christmas, his friends were stupid, and he had an amazing boyfriend who was all his.

What more could he want?

AN: and that's it! I hope you have all enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it! It was my second fic ever, so I'm pretty proud. Thankyou all for all your support! Xxx