Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Nico

Nico was walking to his next lesson when Leo Valdez and Frank Zhang blocked his path.
The two were an odd couple. Nico had over heard from some conversation that when they first met they hated each other, that they both liked the same girl or something, but that had been sorted out, so now they were practically inseparable. Frank Zhang was extremely massive and muscled, while Leo Valdez was short and scrawny. They were friends of Percy.
Nico tried to walk around them, but they obviously wanted to talk.
"How come Percy keeps on sitting next to you?" Frank asked.
"Yeah, and how come you're all he talks about?" Leo rolled his eyes.
"I have no idea what you are talking about." Nico said blandly, though secretly he wanted to know what Percy said about him.
"We were doing our last- minute history home work, and all he would talk about is: 'Did you know Nico's favourite lesson is history!' And, 'Nico likes first person shooter games!' It was horrible. I couldn't copy off him!"
"Why would you copy if him? He's dyslexic?" Frank gave Leo a questioning look.
"I was desperate. Anyway. Nico, are you like secretly super cool or something?"
"Let's go with 'or something'." Nico really needed to get to English.
"How old are you?" Leo asked.
"Sixteen. Can I go now?" Nico didn't wait for an answer. He barged between the both of them, which was pretty impressive considering the size of Frank's arms. He was sooooo going to get a detention.

Percy

Percy was furious when Leo told him about his, Frank's and Nico's 'chat'. How uncool would he sound to Nico now. And he had to wait until lunch before he cleared thing up.
"Why the hell would you do that!?" He shouted at Leo.
"I just didn't trust the guy, okay! And it wasn't just me, Frank was asking questions too!" Frank glared at Leo, but Percy just waved his hand.
"Yes, I get that, Leo, but what you need to understand is that Frank is A LOT bigger that I am, and if I piss him off, he hurts when he punches."
Frank smirked and messed up Leo's hair. Leo glared.
"Man, we just think your acting a bit strange!"
"Yeah, okay, you're not my mum, I can make friends with whoever I want to, go away."
Percy sat by himself the whole lesson, trying to think of what to say to Nico. Why was this so difficult? He normally rocked small talk. And now Nico probably thinks he some kind of freak. After the lesson, Jason's girlfriend Piper asked him if he was okay. She was extremely cool and easy going, and they were quite good friends. He told her that he had a lot of work to catch up on. Which was true, but not what was bothering him.
He just couldn't wait for lunch.

----------------------

A/N I know it may seem like nothing's happening, but I promise the next chapter will be a lot more exciting!