"(Y/n)," his eyes met yours for the first time in a few years, and in it you saw despair. Anne turned around and quickly hurried to you, putting you behind her but you insisted on staying in front.

"Eddie, what the hell is happening?" Anne gasped. You didn't know what she saw that scared her so much, and she wouldn't let you get any closer to Eddie.

"It's inside me... Look, I, I know it sounds crazy but... "

"Eddie you're sick... You're really sick."

"No, I am scared!" he yelled. He couldn't have known any more than you did yourself. You felt awful for him, and wanted to at least give him a hug or something. "And I need help."

"Hospital... Now!" She held onto your arm and dragged you outside, Eddie following behind.

"What's going on?" you asked quietly, looking between them. Yeah, parasite, the usual, but seriously? What the fuck is the problem?

"I-I, I'm not in control. It's not safe, I can't go with you," he said to you and Anne. He looked sadly at you.

"You're going in the back," you stated, and opened up the shotgun seat. Eddie finally complied after some moments of hesitation. The ride was silent, and he quietly said, I'm not in control once again.

"We just need to do another MRI," Anne responded.

"No! No, no, no MRI," he quickly said in panic.

"What, how come?" you asked softly in confusion. To your knowledge, MRI's weren't harmful at all and just offered a body scan. You turned around and he was almost curled up in the corner. He was very wet, and in bad shape.

"We can, um..." He looked at you once again. You knew he said his next words because of your presence. "We can talk about it later."

He stopped and looked at Anne, you were already in your seat. He began to apologize to her, and you felt awkward and sorry for whatever was going on with him, and whatever happened between them.

"And (Y/n)," he addressed. Ah geez. "I can't tell you how sorry I am for not being there for you before. For not doing more to protect you. I'll try to make it up to you no matter what, I swear. I love you, both."

"Uncle Eddie..." you began. "I-It's alright, but now's not a good time, I think," you said.

"Yeah, she's right, let's just focus on keeping you alive," Anne agreed.

"You know, I'm really, I'm really wet. Can I wear this?" Eddie held up a sweatshirt.

"Yeah, you can wear whatever you want."

You looked at him in the review mirror until he pulled off his sweater, and began to consider what he'd told you. But you arrived at the hospital before you knew it, and followed them all inside.

The white hallways were a contrast again the darkness you were just in not too long ago, but it was a sigh you were used to. After all, your step-brother Cletus would harm you enough to put you in here. Or you'd have some kind of accident and not realize it from your CIPA and you'd have to be hospitalized, sometimes staying for only a few days to maybe a few months.

"(Y/n), sweetie, can you please stay out here and wait for me?" asked Eddie. You hesitated, and just nodded and sat on a chair as he entered with Anne. No sooner was he followed in by Dan, holding files. He cast you a smile, but you could tell there was worry in it.

What had happened that was leading to all this? Was Eddie behind the bodies in the city the police said there were?

What did he mean when he said he wasn't in control?