His sister had tried to kill him.

While his physical appearance had changed, he had a completely sound mind on the inside... and the realisation of what had just happened — what could've happened — shattered him to pieces.

"N-no, wait..." she struggled to find the words, knowing exactly what her brother was thinking "I'm so... I'm so sorry!" she stuttered miserably, the sobs making her whole body tremble "You're not giving me a choice Fenrir!... I can't be the person you want me to be! This won't end well for either of us unless you stop this right now... please..." she begged as tears streamed down her face "Please, Fenrir, stop..."

Fenrir stood upright, boldly, unwavering, making it clear he wouldn't back down from what he wanted; and he only wanted two things: Angrboda on his side and the Earthling dead.

As if moving through a nightmare, Angie inched forward. Tony watched with a shudder as she set her spear on the ground. He was still gasping for air, recovering from Fenrir's assault.

Tony had never seen Angie in such agony. It was clear she was incapable of fighting anymore. He felt completely powerless, watching her beg her brother like this.

Her tear-soaked eyes met his for an instant. The flicker of anguish in the sea of blue made his heart crumble. Somehow, her gaze communicated much more than he could explain with words. It was like a silent plea, laced with shame and regret.

Suddenly his mind was ushered back to a few hours earlier, when they were escaping Fenrir's soldiers... Angie had stopped him in the middle of their race to make him promise something, and now her words were echoing back in his mind, as if she was saying them right at this moment.

"Promise me you'll do the right thing no matter what. Even if you don't think it's what I want. Promise me you'll do it anyway."

Angie could tell when the flash of realisation crossed Tony's eyes and she braced herself for what was to happen next. She dreaded it with every fiber of her being but there was no other way. A part of her always knew it would come to this.

Tony's thoughts were in complete mayhem. He shook his head in disbelief. No, it couldn't be him. It was too unfair. Whether it was the right thing to do or not, she would end up resenting him for the rest of her life.

And yet she had trusted him to do the right thing because she couldn't do it herself. Even if it wasn't what she wanted. It had to be him. He had promised. Hopefully she would learn to forgive him.

Braving all his conflicted emotions, Tony glanced back at Fenrir. The wolf was still facing his sister, not paying him any attention. The last moment had felt like an eternity but in reality it had barely lasted seconds.

His brows furrowed with conviction. He had made up his mind.

And so, Tony raised his arm soundlessly, aiming it at the monstrous black wolf. The reactor powered up to maximal capacity and a laser beam shot out of his blasters, right through Fenrir's chest. The bolt of energy sliced through his body and came out the other side.

Tony closed his eyes. There had been no other option but he couldn't bare the consequence of what he'd done.

He heard screams but he didn't know if they were the sound of Fenrir howling in pain or Angie crying in anguish.

When Tony found the courage to open his eyes again, Fenrir's body had gone back to his original form. He had fallen to the ground, jerking in agony as he clutched at his torso.

Angie fell to her knees, sobbing as she gathered what little strength she still had to pull his limp body against her chest. She was croaking out her brother's name in between the wails and the whimpers, making the two of them tremble.