Different World

Darkness. He shut his eyes, trying to fade out of the troubles around him. At night, he kept scheming, he wanted to make a positive change in this world. The people around him called him a dreamer, laughing behind his back, so after all the time, he stopped voicing his desires. Nobody took him seriously, all they did was putting his dreams down. Disillusioned during the day, his imagination only flourished even more during the night. There was still time to make a change, together, nothing was impossible. The simplest changes could make a huge difference, taking the world back from grey to colorful. When he opened his eyes, still nothing had changed. The city beneath his windows was still dark and busy, all filled up with smog. He shook his head, shutting his eyes again and this time, he really focused on the power of his imagination. One deep breath and he allowed himself to open his eyes again. The crowded city had made way for the wide freedom of a deep blue sea. He heard the waves crashing in his ear and tasted the salty breeze on his dry lips. When he opened his eyes the next time, he found himself standing in a wide, green valley. The sky glittered in shades of orange and red, he felt the first sunrays of the morning on his bruised skin. There was this tune in his head. A hopeful melody of change. Suddenly, the loud noises of reality brought him back to his apartment, back into the real world. The news were full of disasters and pain, full of how humanity was on the way to destroy its biggest gift, our planet. He refused to be torn apart by the negativity and instead, he imagined one more world. This time, it was a snowy forest. The dark green pine trees were covered in a white, peaceful hood. He gave in to the white quietness, resting his mind and growing new strength. It reminded him of the place he used to call home. He now heard another part of the tune in his head, uplifting and quicker than before. Empowering was the word that came to his mind. Music was his magic, he used it to escape and he used it to get back again. When he stepped back into reality, the rhythms of imagination still hadn't left his ears. With his mind full of new colorful hope, he turned towards the old treasure chest that he hadn't opened for years. In it, he collected things and melodies that reminded him of home and all the stuff with good memories attached to it. He went through each and every single piece, until he had found what he was looking for: His rough and damaged hands clenched to an old photograph of his home. It was a black and white picture, but just by looking at it he made all the colors come back to life again in his heart. It was a small house, surrounded by a couple of trees and a white fence. The house was placed on a green meadow and the sky still blue – something that he couldn't remember seeing ever since he moved away. It was where he grew up, but that was in the past. Still, seeing the old photograph always reminded him, that there was still hope for change. He just had to find it. And with that being said, he folded the picture and put it back into his treasure chest, only to head out on a journey of changing the world. And his world is ours as well. Find your melody of change. Create a different world.

- #8598 <3