Darkside

It was pitch-black outside, when the first snowflake touched the ground. His fingers clutched his dark jacket, pulling his hood further into his face. After a walking for a while, step by step, he allowed himself a break to stop and rest for a bit. He had been on his feet the entire day and still it felt like he hadn't made any distance at all. Away, just as far as he could. He was no stranger to the dark. Distance from what happened beforehand. This was the only thought on his mind. People could just be so cruel. All he wanted was a place to call home. A place, where he could simply be himself. Be true. But that seemed impossible to him at the moment. Honesty was a lie in this world. Acceptance an illusion.

The snow had now covered almost everything that his eyes could still recognize in the dark of the night. He had a story to tell. He couldn't just... just give up. No. That was no option. There was something in his eyes, a glow of hope, passion and endurance. All of a sudden, he wasn't afraid anymore, he had gathered new strength. Even though the wind almost seemed to freeze his each and every move, he found a way to move on. The darkness sweet call was music in his ears. The snow gave way underneath his sore feet, the icy crystals were so freezing cold, but still so soft. The new glow in his eyes was the thing that kept him going. He was ready to leave the world behind. The darkness lingered all around him, but he was fearless.

The moonlight's creatures danced around him in shadows black as diamonds. He was ready to let go of the light, the warrior inside him was not sleeping anymore. There was this certain glow, a fascination that lured him in. He felt his gaze drawn towards the sky, watched the snowflakes fall in the middle of the pitch black dark. The time was running out, the night was almost over. He just didn't want to blinded by their truth anymore. He was ready to just believe the dark side's lies. Maybe he had to walk down this unknown path to find what he had become. No secrets were worth keeping anymore.

The warrior inside of him indulged in the sweetness of his new gained strength. The shadows took him through the remainder of the night. But when the first ray of morning sun was touching the sky, the wind swept the shadows away. He disappeared as well. Gone. He had become one of them now.

Off to a new adventure.

Darkside.